Supply Chain Assistant at Danish Refugee Council
- Company: Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kibondo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Job title: Supply Chain Assistant
Employment band: I
Reporting to: Supply Chain Team Leader
Technical line manager: Supply Chain Team Leader
Direct reports: None
Unit/department: Support Services
Overall purpose of the role:
The Supply Chain Assistant will ensure efficient and effective procurement of supplies, services and works providing value for money and in compliance to best practices as per DRC Supply Chain Operations Handbooks and donor regulations.
• Responsible for execution of procurement activities in in a timely manner achieving value-for money while fully compliant to DRC and relevant donor procurement procedures and regulations.
• Work closely with the warehouse unit informing them of the supply pipeline, and ensure requestors verify supplies at delivery time. Follow up on timely delivery of supplies ensuring the items meet approved requestor specifications.
• Support in ensuring adherence to procurement plans by working closely with relevant budget-holders and supply chain Team Leader.
• Assist in an internal and external audit ensuring required information and documents requested are ready for submission to auditors.
• Before placing an order, the Supply chain Assistant together with Supply Chain Officer carefully checks purchase orders for accuracy, completeness, and clarity, verify that the production, shipping information, cost and delivery dates are all correct before obtaining authorization to place an order
• Conduct delivery follow up for all committed Purchase orders and share with the requestors
• To assist in the verification and review of all procurement process and documents before placing an order, work, or service contract.
• Facilitate market assessments when needed and update market records with prices on goods and services requested for programmatic activities
• Timely process the payments for all completed good, service, work and send to Finance for payment
• Complete the purchase form checklist, ensure the procurement file is complete and correct in accordance with DRC procurement guidelines before final approval and submission to Finance.
• Follow up on aged invoices and ensure proper reconciliation with complete documentation.
• Crosscheck that the complete procurement folders are filed and are accessible when required. Ensure that copies of all procurement files are done and labeled.
• Ensure the filing and archiving of the procurement file hard copies and the scanned copies on Share point follow the proper file naming protocol.
• Excellent liaison, communication and facilitation skill. Engage with relevant authorities for processing of camp entry permits.
• Observe the DRC Code of Conduct and DRC’s Anti-Corruption Policy and ensure any potential conflicts of interest are promptly raised and reported.
• To perform any task requested by your Line Manager
• Weekly PR/PO Tracker status report, Procurement and Payment Tracker
Experience and technical competencies:
Minimum 2 years’ experience in procurement and logistics function in a busy work environment with an NGO or INGO.
Familiar with donor procurement guidelines; UN Agencies, DANIDA, FCDO, USAID, ECHO.
Strong work ethic with high integrity and transparency
Ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
Strong skills and experience in using ERP system.
Strong communication and feedback skills.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics or Supply Chain Management.
• Certificate in Humanitarian Logistics and Supply Chain Management
• English (Fluent, written and spoken)
• Swahili (Fluent, written and spoken)
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position
• DRC Staff
• Suppliers/Service Providers
Core competencies Basic Advanced Expert
Striving for excellence ☐ ☐ ☒
Collaborating ☐ ☐ ☒
Taking the lead ☐ ☒ ☐
Communicating ☐ ☐ ☒
Demonstrating integrity ☐ ☐ ☒
•Basic: I master the essentials, but may at times need help from others
•Advanced: I can work independently at full professional level.
•Expert: I am the go-to person when others need help.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
Professionalism, impact & expertise
Humanitarian approach & the work we do
Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
Culture, values & strong leadership
Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th September , 2022.