Supply Chain Assistant at Amref Health Africa
- Company: Amref Health Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018, Simiyu Region since 2020. From October 2021 this project will extend its operations to Mara Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
Position Title: Supply Chain Assistant
Work Station: Musoma, Tarime and Bunda Field Offices, (3)
Reports to: Regional Project Manager
The Supply chain assistant is responsible for ensuring that Project supported sites meets national standard for ARV and related commodity supply chain management. He\She will work closely with the Pharmaceutical teams at facilities including collaborating closely with District and Regional Pharmacist providing technical advice and guidance on Supply Chain and Management of Health Commodities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that relevant staff at Project supported sites/districts are trained to provide high quality of services.
- Ensuring that validated drug management tools (paper tool and software) are available and properly used at all Project-supported pharmacies o designing improved supply chain systems, processes and procedures for Project sites in collaboration with Supply chain partners.
- Identify training needs for sites, Districts and regional pharmacists and facilitate trainings on good practice in pharmaceutical and supply chains management site staff.
- Collaborate with National, regional and district level pharmaceutical personnel to develop a mentorship program for site level staff.
- Ensures uninterrupted supply in HIV-related commodities at all Project-supported sites.
- Ensure that forecasted and budgeted of HIV-related commodities including lab commodities are constantly for each single site/district.
- Ensure that each single site/district has the required minimum and maximum stock levels of all HIV-related commodities including lab reagents and consumables, assist in redistribution of products when out of stock.
- Providing technical assistance to site staff responsible for ordering HIV related commodities through e-LMIS through accurate forecasting and ordering from the MSD regional stores.
- Ensuring that technical procedures for procurement, distribution and dispensation are respected at all sites according to the standard operating procedures, keep track of drug flow between stores and Project supported sites and continuously update and educate site staff on developments and issues related to new drug formulations.
- Maintain the inventory of drugs and Laboratory commodities and reagents that are present at both drugs stores and all of Project supported site pharmacies Prepare monthly, quarterly narrative reports.
- Collecting on monthly basis information about the stock at all Project supported sites districts, compile per region.
- Liaise with the ARV focal pharmacists and municipal counterparts on quarterly basis to address any concerns or problems that they are faced with regarding supply chain issues of HIV/AIDS commodities and related supplies.
- Actively perform supportive supervisions to Project supported sites. And use these supervisions to strengthen their capacity on issues related to supply chain management.
- Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by the line manager.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- Certificate/Diploma in pharmacy
- Public Health background is an asset
- At least three years of experience in Health commodities management within public and private sector (forecasting. procurement, distribution and monitoring)
- Experience in health program management as team member or other position, a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of using existing Logistics tools like e-LMIS is an added advantage. Excellent written and oral communication, Fluency in English as working language Good knowledge in computer software applications such as MS Word, Excel.
- Ability to identify problems, design interventions and oversee their implementation.
- Ability to train and mentor others, Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks.
Method of ApplicationIf you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees.
All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS August 07, 2021. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not easily be retrieved.
All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: [email protected] Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible” Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means will automatically be discqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.