Supply Chain Advisor at The Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC TA-TZ)
- Company: The Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC TA-TZ)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: Supply Chain Advisor-Vaccines
Department/Unit: Capacity Building and Data UseLocation: Dares SalaamReports to: Senior Capacity Building Advisor
The Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC TA-TZ) project, supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), provides expert technical assistance to Tanzania to strengthen country supply chain systems across all health elements, e.g., Malaria, Family Planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB), Vaccines and Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH). In coordination with in-country and development partners, GHSC TA-TZ assists Government of Tanzania health programs by providing strategic planning and implementation assistance: improving the delivery of health commodities to service sites: providing capacity building support to broaden stakeholders’ understanding and engagement of the supply chain system; and strengthening enabling environments to improve supply chain performance.
The Supply Chain Advisor will work under the technical guidance of the Senior Advisor Capacity Building, and will focus on supporting the supply chain system of vaccines with special focus on COVID19 vaccines. S/he will work with the Immunization and Vaccine Development (IVD) program to strengthen the management of the COVID-19 vaccines supply chain. S/he will work with other in-country stakeholders including the Medical Stores Department (MSD), the Ministry of Health, President’s Office of Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG), R/CHMTs, Implementing Partners and health facilities staff. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, with significant in-country travel.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as a technical resource for project staff for implementing the vaccines supply chain improvement strategies and management approaches.
- Lead the development of new training materials, review existing and update training packages for the vaccines supply chain as needed
- Collaboratively plan, coordinate and implement training of health care professionals on the management of the vaccines supply chain.
- Keep records of personnel trained by the project on the management of the national vaccine supply chain.
- Support the quantification and forecasting of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Collaborate with Immunization and Vaccines Development (IVD) and other stakeholders to carry out a rapid assessment of the vaccine cold chain storage, temperature monitoring and fleet scheduling
- Work with key stakeholders to develop innovative and sustainable ways of capacity building of health care workers on the management of the national vaccine supply chain.
- Conduct monthly COVID-19 vaccine shelf-life analysis to establish risk of expiry and respective remedial actions.
- Collaborate with Management Information System (MIS) stakeholders and propose areas of systems integration to enhance data visibility and visualizations of vaccines at various levels.
- Represent GHSC-TA-TZ in various platforms including technical meetings that are focused on discussing issues related to the vaccines supply chain system.
- Integrate vaccine data quality and use with IMPACT team approach initiative and periodically identify areas of improvement.
- Carry out covid vaccine data analysis including conducting data triangulation of various source systems, including Vaccine Information Management Systems (VIMS), paper-based records, and physical counts.
- Ensure work plan activities are completed on time and are of the highest quality possible.
- Collect and analyze, and share data for reporting on COVID-19 vaccine indicators including but not limited to the number of people trained on COVID-19 related topics with USAID support.
- Document success stories, best practices, and lessons learned in the national vaccines supply chain.
- Complete and submit in a timely fashion written technical, activity and trip reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals or lawful residents who possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Degree in Medical field, Supply Chain or Public Health.
- At least five years of experience in health supply chains, including experience working in Tanzania’s public health supply chain.
- Knowledge of best practices in supply chain management and vaccine management.
- Experience providing capacity building (training).
- Knowledge of various electronic health information systems such as VIMS, DHIS2 preferred.
- Proven strong leadership skills and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of working with consultants.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and work independently.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
- A proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to use cloud-based project management applications such as Google suite, Zoom, etc.
- Experience working with the Government of Tanzania and other NGOs preferred.
- Previous work experience with USAID-funded projects is desirable.
- Ability to travel for an extended period away from duty station to support technical activities.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates are invited to send their cover letters, Curriculum Vitae with names and contact details of 3 work related references, enclosing certificate copies of relevant education and training.
Submission may be sent to – [email protected] by 22th June 2022.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
GHSC is an equal opportunity employer.