Supervisor Medical Data Entry at Médecins Sans Frontières
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
JOB VACANCY – SUPERVISOR MEDICAL DATA ENTRY
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Title: SUPERVISOR MEDICAL DATA ENTRY
Direct Reports: PROJECT MEDICAL REFERENT
Location: Nduta Camp ,Kibondo
Ensure completion of all activities related to medical data entry and data management into the mission data-base. Supervise, organise and plan the activity of Data Entry officers/operators, as well as identify their training needs in order to provide a good service support and reliability of the data collected.
Minimum Educational Qualification: Diploma or Degree in Information and Technology (IT) is desirable.
Essential proven computer literacy, qualifications in either administration, data entry or in statistics.
Experience: Essential working experience of at least one year with MSF or any other humanitiarian NGOs with similar experience
Languages: English&Swahili (Fluent : written and spoken) French is an asset.
Knowledge: Essential knowledge of use of computer including processing of documents (Word, Excel).
· Results and Quality Orientation
· Commitment to MSF Principles
· Behavioural Flexibility
· Stress Management
· Teamwork and Cooperation
· Supervise, organise and plan the activity of Data Entry officers to have a reliable record of medical activity performed, as well as identify their training/technical support needs in order to provide a good service support and reliability of the data collected.
· Ensure collation and entry of all data identified by project managers for collection (e.g. morbidity, mortality, surveillance of diseases of epidemics, nutrition, psychological and women’s health, etc) into the appropriate data management system while ensuring quality of data
· Do quality control data officers’ performance on regular basis
· Know and ensure proper use of software used for recording (i.e. Fuchia, Epi Info, etc.).
· Ensure accuracy of the medical data entered into the mission’s database on a regular basis, according to MSF protocols and carry out regular back-ups.
· Provide technical support to data entry officers/operators in project sites and give response to their training needs.
· Provide regular statistical reports for the medical team as well as informing the superior of any missing information, major changes or big differences in data
Method of ApplicationAll interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Friday 13th August 2021 at 4.00 pm.
Please quote the job title on the email subject “SUPERVISOR MEDICAL DATA ENTRY” and send to email address [email protected] or . The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Hamza Aziz Street, Kahama Court, Masaki, Dar es Salaam OR in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for test and interview.