Supervisor – CAT Maintenance at North Mara Gold Mine Limited
- Company: North Mara Gold Mine Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Supervisor – CAT Maintenance to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate among the best teams in the industry. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
About North Mara
The North Mara gold Mine is located in north-west Tanzania in the Tarime district of the Mara region. It is around 100 kilometres east of Lake Victoria and 20 kilometres south of the Kenyan border.
North Mara started commercial production in 2002. The mine is a combined open pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground) and Nyabirama (open pit).
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment for all employees
- Manage maintenance personnel in the execution of the weekly work plan.
- Lead maintenance practices that will focus on reaching operational excellence, and enhance maintenance capabilities to deliver improved equipment reliability, decreasing repair and maintenance costs.
- Well organized and capable of setting a daily/weekly/monthly plan
- Comply with company safety and environmental regulations
- Management and direct supervision of team performance ensuring safety, advance work preparation and quality for the execution for various types of maintenance interventions
- Take necessary measurements to ensure quality results and avoid reworks.
- Implement a development program for junior and senior local staff which shall include direct training and coaching of the team in order to transfer best methodologies of work preparation and execution
- Very knowledgeable and experienced in all lifting, rigging and working at heights practices associated with large mining equipment maintenance
- Attend shift and tool box meetings daily with the teams to stay completely grounded and aligned with the current social climates around the work place
- Post trade qualifications.
- FTC/Diploma qualifications as a Mechanical Engineer/Technician Mine Overseers/Captain Certificate of Competency/OEM Specific Certifications or the equivalent will be an added advantage.
Experience and competencies needed
- Verifiable track record gained in similar diversified high level portfolio
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Maintenance Management Systems
- Ability to consistently manage such a diversified portfolio in a high pressure environment
- Highly professional conduct at all times and the ability to deal with a diverse client base.
- Significant base knowledge of all the areas depicted in the profile
- Must be motivated individual with ability to operate with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong maintenance, project management and systems improvement related experience and background
- Strong technical and strategic planning related experience and background.
- Strong values in safety commitment, policy and enforcement related experience and background
- Experience with selection, Maintenance and operation of Electrical and Mechanical equipment.
- Experience in managing Infrastructure projects.
- Computer literacy is essential- Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, ERP and MRPII packages (SAP, Ellipse, Pronto, Oracle etc.).
- Performing tasks under minimal supervision and monitoring
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Performance orientated, strongly motivated and maintains a high work standard. Strong work ethic. Shows initiative. Adaptable to change management processes. Focused on continuous improvement.
- Committed and engaged employees who are enthusiastic and passionate about Barrick and carry the company DNA.
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s online. Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME. Indicating the role title “Supervisor – CAT Maintenance” in the subject of your email. Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected] Please forward applications before: 08 June 2022.
We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.