Superintendent x2 (Process Plant Maintenance) at Geita Gold Mining
- Company: Geita Gold Mining
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
Geita Gold Mining
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Superintendent 2 – Process Plant Maintenance.
Job Number: GGM-2020-XPE-07.
Number of Positions: 01.
Works For: Senior Manager – Process Plant.
At least Advance Diploma or degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Registered Engineer – preferred.
Minimum of 10 years working experience in Processing Plant Maintenance (preferably minerals processing plants), with at least five years in engineering management roles.
Purpose of the Role: To provide cross functional technical and management support to all engineering team in the plant as detailed below and to provide oversight function to Plant Electrical Maintenance, Plant Mechanical Maintenance and plant Instrumentations (hardware and software).
Main or Key Accountabilities:
Plant Engineering Safety & Systems
• To develop and implement safety practices and systems and to manage baseline risks such as Hot Work, De-energize Lockout, working at heights, lifting; Light vehicles etc.
• To ensure compliance to corporate fatal risk control guideline
• To lead and investigate all machinery related accidents and incidents
Engineering Discipline Management & Strategy
To provide direct output support to the Senior Process Plant Manager in the Management
and Control of the Plant Engineering Discipline at Geita Gold Mining Limited as follows:
• Serve as the point of contact on all plant and power plant engineering matters and to represent GGM to both internal and external stakeholders.
• To identify & maintain the plant engineering risk log detailing long term risks specifically with regards to staffing & resources and to put plans in place to mitigate
• To set overall standards and procedures and to ensure integration with group and regional strategies
• To represent plant engineering at mine interdepartmental levels e.g. standards meeting and at Mancom level as and when required.
• To setup and attend supplier liaison meetings in collaboration with engineering senior supervisors
• Overall mine wide engineering campaigns such as energy efficiency, asset care etc.
• Custodian of the plant asset management (Engineering) plan including rollout and integration of the Asset Management Framework, in a collaborative approach with the Reliability Engineering.
• Conduct internal audits and over-inspections to ensure adherence and compliance to asset management plans/strategy.
• To Setup and manage the plant engineering document repository for drawings and manuals
• Review and or Set the Service strategy for all plant and equipment leading to the implementing a maintenance philosophy and scheduled maintenance programs that are aligned with operations to achieve set targets/plans, and substantially increase plant availability and reliability
• Effective planning and use of engineering capital for plant shutdowns and other improvements. Put in place the necessary plans and monitoring process to anticipate issues rather than being overtaken by them.
• Effective use of resources including money and equipment. Monitoring the stock levels of critical spares and supplies such that the plant does not run out.
Engineering Capital & Projects
• To serve as the plant representative on all capital projects and represent the Process Plant on Geita Standards Committee
• To set up and maintain the plant capital management process in conjunction with the GGM Capital Projects and Reliability Engineering
• To co-ordinate plan and execute plant projects in all sections
• To manage both Asset Integrity (Al) and Stay In Business (SIB) capital
Asset Integrity custodian
• To continuously review and update plant asset integrity risks and to develop mitigation plans
• To co-ordinate the plant asset integrity process including audits and assessment visits
• To prepare Al documentation, supporting budgets, schedules and execution plans for all plant asset integrity projects
BPF – Engineering
• To receive the business plans and targets and translate such into an integrated engineering plan including the setting of equipment performance targets
• To set service strategies for critical equipment and develop the plant engineering budgets to ensure compliance with the plant metallurgical “cookbook”
• As part of asset management to review overall plant work planning KPI’s including planned/breakdown ratios, top 10 failures, availability/utilization calculations
• To set up overall master schedule for planned maintenance work with specific reference to major shutdown activity planning
• To manage SAP from an engineering work planning and task description perspective
• To review equipment performance against targets and to initiate conduct A&l projects where performance expectations are not met
Plant Mechanical Maintenance
• To technically manage the plant capital/critical stores
• To review spares, resource requirements, Master Operating Schedules and to engage with stakeholders, Store Liaison meetings
• Actively participate in Process Plant Safety liaison meeting and Training & development liaison meetings
Audits & IMIU engineering custodian
• To undertake plant reviews to improve the plant’s risk ratings
• To co-ordinate and manage for the plant from an engineering perspective the IMIU, group assurance, 18 Month audit process and AuRisk / WMRS.
• To update risk logs with findings and to develop management plans to mitigate risks
Plant Services & Infrastructure
• Plant amenity buildings maintenance
• Plant salvage yard (Scrap disposal)
• Water supply from Lake Victoria
• Plant projects/construction teams
o Building contractors o QA and QCP management
• Light Vehicles
o To maintain a vehicle, register and to advise LME when to scrap/replace as per the vehicle replacement policy
Technical Training & Development.
• To conduct engineering development panel interviews
• To develop skills matrices for all engineering work types
• To identify training and development shortcomings and to identify training needs
• To develop an engineering artisan refresher program
• Valid Tanzanian Driving License
• Ability to communicate well in English.
• Computer literate (MS Office tools).
Method of ApplicationApplication cover letter (Subject should be: Superintendent 2 – Process Plant Maintenance and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e-mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address. Please include your GGM number on your cover letter. You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews. Contact Address: Senior Manager Human Resources,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
P.O. Box 532,
Email: [email protected]
NB: Internal Applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Application Deadline: Application letters should reach the above on or before 27in December 2020 – 17hr30. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security’ Department, Investigation Unit, by- calling -255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing 24cthoncstv(2:ethics-line.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.