Superintendent at TAZARA
- Company: TAZARA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Tanzania-Zambia Railway Authority (TAZARA) is a Statutory Institution owned by the two Governments of the United Republic of Tanzania and the Republic of Zambia on a 50/50 share holding basis, with its registered Head Office being in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The Authority has two Regional Administrative Centres, one in Mpika, Zambia and the other in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the vacant position of:
|Job Title||: Superintendent|
|Salary Scale||: TSG11|
|Reporting to||: Works Engineer|
|Location||: Dar es Salaam Workshops|
|Number of Post||Two (2) post|
To supervise, control and co-ordinate preventive and corrective maintenance of passenger coaches in order to enhance the life span, available time and reduce maintenance costs.
- Provide adequate reliable and efficient passenger coaches to traffic to sustain operations.
- Procure in conjunction with the Supplies Personnel, adequate stocks of spares and materials for the repair and maintenance of passenger coaches.
- Develop and seek approval of cost effective maintenance and repair methods and strategies, modifications to passenger coaches to enhance efficiency in operations, reduce break downs and control maintenance costs.
- Review maintenance schedules in consultation with superior, basing revision of ages of passenger coaches, quality of spares and materials used, manpower skill levels availability.
- Maintain high job performance standards in the section.
- Initiate stores requisitions for materials and spare parts, submit the same to superior for approval and usage control.
- Provide information to management regarding work progress on locomotives and related problems.
- Compile reports related to overhaul work done and cost of the materials, spares used, manpower utilisation and submit same to management for costing purposes and other use.
- Ensure high discipline and company safety rules and regulations are observed by subordinates during the execution of work.
- Goal-oriented and able to work independently to achieve results, as well as able to collaborate with a diverse team.
- Able to write analytical and technical reports
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and projects
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Safe working methods.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Form IV/VI Certificate
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, /Full Technician Certificate or its equivalent from a reputable College or University
- Six (6) years relevant work experience, three (3) of which should be at Quality controller level.
- Not more than 45 years of age
- Post graduate works at Technologist level, will be an added advantage
Method of ApplicationOnly candidates who meet the specified requirement need to apply to the address indicated below, enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of educational certificates, names and address of three traceable referees.
The Regional General Manager (T)
Tanzania Zambia Railway Authority
Junction of Nelson Mandela & Julius Nyerere Road
P.O. Box 40160
DAR ES SALAAM
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for receiving application letters is 20th December 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be communicated.