Sub Editor – The Citizen x2 at Mwananchi Communication
- Company: Mwananchi Communication
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Tanzania
posted on : 2 days ago
Industry : Print /Digital Media Job Function : Editorial Content
Job Experience Level : Mid Level
Minimum Years of Experience : 4-5
Minimum Academic Qualification : Bachelor
To edit features articles, write captions, place pictures and write headlines in conformity with journalistic ethics, editorial objectives and house style within set deadlines.
Full Job Description
- Checks and corrects editorial copy allocated by the Chief Sub-Editor for facts, accuracy, taste, house-style, language use, clarity, details, objectivity, and spellings.
- Subs copy to fit allocated space without distorting facts or dispensing with the salient points.
- Re-writes the copy as necessary for simplicity, clarity and style.
- Rewrites the appropriate headline for the copy, ensuring it reflects the overriding message of the story.
- Edits the pictures selected by the Chief Sub-Editor to fit the allocated space, and writes/rewrites appropriate caption taking care not to merely state the obvious details.
- Submits the edited copy to the Chief Sub-Editor within set deadlines.
- Makes up the editorial pages as directed by the Chief Sub-Editor.
- Assists the product editor to ensure deadline pullout is compiled to plan
- Checks all headlines, captions, pictures, copy text and page logos and all other page elements to sign the pages within set deadlines.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 11th March, 2021.