Structure/Drainage Inspector at TANROADS
- Company: TANROADS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is an Agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport which is responsible for the Development and Maintenance of the Trunk and Regional Roads Network in Tanzania Mainland. Apart from this is also responsible in conducting Axle Load Control Operations and Airport Construction.
The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) on behalf of the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania entered into a Contract for the UPGRADING OF ISYONJE – MAKETE REGIONAL ROAD (96.2KM) TO BITUMEN STANDARD: KITULO – INIHO ROAD SECTION (36.3 KM) AND CONSTRUCTION OF WEIGHBRIDGE IGAGALA VILLAGE. CONTRACT NO.TRD/HQ/1022/2022/23.
The Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – Njombe, on behalf of the Chief Executive, TANROADS, intends to recruit qualified and competent Staff to fill the following vacant posts for the specific duties on short-terms contract for supervision of the works Contract.
Successful applicants must be ready to work for considerable lengths of time in Njombe District within the project area when situations warrant.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Appointment will be on Contract Terms of One (1) year renewable subject to satisfactory performance, efficiency and effectiveness.
POSITION TITTLE: STRUCTURE/DRAINAGE INSPECTOR (1 POST)
- Must be a Bachelor Degree in Civil, Bridge or Structural Engineering or equivalent
from any recognized Higher Learning Institution/Colleges.
- Must be Registered as Graduate/Professional Engineer with ERB
- A postgraduate qualification in Civil Engineering or Highway Engineering and
experience in Contract administration under FIDIC/PPRA Condition of Contract is
- Computer Literate;
- Work Experience
- At least 10 years’ cumulative experience related to road/bridge design and construction
- Served as structure/drainage Engineer for at least Two (2) road project of similar magnitude and complexity in the last ten (10) years.
- He/She must have a working experience of at least 3 years in Sub-Sahara Countries
- Shall head the site staff and shall be responsible for ensuring the bridges and other drainage structures are constructed according to design and conform to the contract specifications.
- Self-motivation, able to work under pressure outside working hours with minimum supervision;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory;
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen;
- Age Limit: 35 years and above
- Inspecting, and approving all materials and completed works to ensure compliance with technical specification requirements.
- Keeping all records including reports, works diaries, correspondence, instructions given to contractor(s), and any other matter relating to drainage structures on day- to-day basis.
- Measuring quantities of drainage works satisfactorily carried out on daily basis.
- Preparation and submission of mini progress report with updated cost of drainage works on daily basis
- Maintaining a site diary on a daily basis with the contents and format to be agreed with Employer.
Method of ApplicationAll interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their hand written applications enclosing their detailed and signed Curriculum Vitae and Certified Copies of relevant education. Professional Certificates and Birth Certificate together with names of three References and their Contact Addresses, Telephone Number (s) and E-mail Addresses, Deadline for the submission of applications is 21st April, 2023 at 4:30pm. Applications via e-mails, hand delivery and fax will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
The Regional Manager,
TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS),
P.O. BOX 885,
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE