Structural Specialist – QC Advisor (Civil, Structural Steel) at NORPLAN Tanzania Ltd
- Company: NORPLAN Tanzania Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
NORPLAN Tanzania Ltd (NORPLAN) is a multidisciplinary firm of Consulting Engineers registered with Engineers Registration Board as a Local Consulting Firm under Registration Number LCF 092 and member of Association of Consulting Engineers Tanzania (ACET).
Due to the expansion of our consultancy services, we are seeking for applicants for the following posts with corresponding detailed job descriptions:
Structural Specialist – QC Advisor (Civil, Structural Steel)
Job Brief/ Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly supporting the EPcmC staff & the CONTRACTORS ensuring delivery of the pipeline and associated AGI, MST facilities and EITS infrastructure are on-time and to budget.
- Implement, use, and communicate safe work practices on and off the project sites
- Supervision and Inspection of Civil and Structural Steel works regularly, identifying and eliminating potential safety hazards.
- Ensuring local contractors understand work scope pertaining to Civil and Structural Steel.
- Support Construction Supervisor throughout the field and during meeting attendance, including monitoring and reporting on compliance of works, scheduling, contractor performance, materials, and vendors
- Supervision of ITP inspection surveillance and hold points by the designated inspection personnel.
- Review and confirm survey benchmark controls for sites, road networks and pipeline ROW corridors
- Monitor civil interfaces for civil and structural steel scopes, identifying conflicts to supervision.
- Mentor exemplary behavior regarding HSE, Ethics and Company “Code of Conduct” policy.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or relevant qualification combined with extensive field experience or other Company agreed applicable discipline qualifications that support the execution of civil and structural steel works for the onshore Pipeline and related AGI, MST facilities and EITS infrastructure works scopes.
- A minimum of 5 years’ greenfield site civil and structural steel construction experience.
- Competency within industry applications such as MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Strong knowledge of civil construction activities for site preparation, cut and fill, compaction, roadworks, drainage, concrete structures, piling, foundations, buildings, and associated disciplines.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the interpretation of engineering drawings, plans and specifications.
- Understanding of critical path and key milestones within the construction planning programs for civil works.
- A high focus on identifying and meeting the key project deliverables and objectives.
- Demonstrated communication skills including the ability to articulate construction concerns and solutions with teams consisting of individuals with various technical and educational backgrounds.
- To provide supervisory support the CONTRACTOR to report on a daily basis on progress and activities.
- Assist contractors for the correct interpretation of the drawings, providing support in the solution of technical problems
- Autonomous, self-motivated, and flexible with the ability to adapt quickly to change or shifting priorities
Method of ApplicationQualified Candidates should send applications to the EMAIL address indicated below
so as to reach the undersigned within 21 days from the first appearance of this advert in newspapers. The application letter should be enclosed with:
- Curriculum Vitae with two referees
- Copies of relevant certificates and awards
- One passport size photograph attached to application letter.
Apply to: The Managing Director NORPLAN Tanzania Limited Consulting Engineers and Planners P.O.Box 2820 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Email: [email protected]