Structural/Bridge Engineer at TANROADS
- Company: TANROADS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) on behalf of the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has entered into contract for the upgrading of Nachingwea – Ruangwa – Nanganga road to bitumen standard(106km); lot 2: Ruangwa – Nanganga section (53.2km); Contract No. TRD/HQ/1052/2019/20. The Contract period is 39 month including the Defects Liability Period of 12 months.
The Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – Lindi, on behalf of the Chief Executive, TANROADS, intends to recruit qualified and competent Staff to fill the following vacant post for the specific duties on short-term contract for supervision of the works Contract.
Successful applicant must be ready to work for considerable lengths of time in Ruangwa District within the project area when situations warrant.
POSITION TITTLE: STRUCTURAL/BRIDGE ENGINEER (1)
Educational/ Professional Qualification
- Must have Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering/Bridge or Structural Engineering or equivalent from any recognized Higher Learning Institution.
- Must be registered as Professional Engineering with ERB.
- A postgraduate qualification in structural Engineering will be an added advantage.
- A National Form IV/VI certificate.
- He/she must have a minimum of seven (7) years of specific experience in Bridge Design and construction.
- He/she must have served in at least two (2) road projects of similar magnitude and complexity in the last seven (7) years.
- In addition, he/she must have working experience of at least three (3) years in Sub – Sahara Countries.
- Must be Computer literate.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
- Self – motivated and able to work under pressure outside working hours with minimum supervision.
- He/she shall be responsible for that ensuring the bridges and other drainage structures are constructed according to design and conform to the contract specifications.
Method of ApplicationAll interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their applications enclosing their detailed and signed Curriculum Vitae and Certified copies of relevant education, professional certificate and birth certificate together with names of three Referees and their contact addresses, telephone number (s) and e-mail addresses, so as to reach the addressee mentioned below by or on 15th July, 2022 at 4:00pm. Applications via e-mails, hand delivery and fax will not be considered.
Please apply to:
P.O. Box 1022,