Strategic Information Officer for C-19 x3 at THPS
- Company: THPS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
ADVERTISEMENT FOR VACANCY
Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health
(MOH), Ministry of Community Development Gender Elderly and Special Groups; Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Health in Zanzibar and Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to all Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services.
THPS has been awarded by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) through GlobalVax. The goal of the project is to improve COVID-19 uptake among general population, increase vaccine uptake to achieve a target of 1,070,857 (Kigoma-597,902 and Shinyanga-472.955) while strengthening the overall vaccine delivery system for long term impact on fighting vaccine preventable diseases.
THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below
Job Title: Strategic Information Officer for C-19 (3 posts)
Reports to: Strategic Information Technical Advisor/ Regional M& E Manager
Position Location: HQ/Regions (Kigoma, Shinyanga)
The COVID-19 SI Officer will provide technical assistance and support to in all aspects of COVID19 strategic information, including monitoring and evaluation (M&E), information systems development and maintenance, management of time-bound M&E personnel, and surveillance across all Regions.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate and facilitate timely data entry for all regions in the Chanjo Covid government database and Internal THPS Analytics System (TAS) database. Work with organize stakeholder’s meetings and joint supportive supervision.
- Work with the Regional M&E Managers, Data Manager and regional technical team to ensure all the teams involved in data collections and entries received key orientation and other necessary capacity building to make sure there is accuracy of reported data
- Work with Health Care Workers at the facility to make sure COVID-19 register fields are filled properly and together develop structured data filling workflow at each health facility.
- Assist Data officers to ensure that COVID-19 registers are well documented and neatly kept and easily accessible when needed
- Lead development and operationalization of the COVID-19 M&E strategy, including the confirmation of monitoring indicators and disaggregation components; development and management of the M&E workplan(s); and recording and reporting of COVID-19 data in narrative reports and electronic information systems.
- He/she reviews completeness on paper-based tools and compare with electronic data entries with source documents on a regular basis to verify accuracy of data and make corrections as needed.
- He/she fix any errors and problems observed in the database, and report any hardware/software malfunctions to district data manager as needed.
- He/she is responsible to develop all weekly, monthly, quarterly, and other reports on all indicators for submission and review to regional level and entries to the central level systems.
- Provide technical assistance and support to national and sub-national partners in all relevant aspects of COVID-19 monitoring and evaluation, continual quality improvement, and data analysis, visualization and use.
- Collaborate closely with other regional SI team members to facilitate joint implementation, sharing of information, and problem solving in areas where COVID-19 interventions overlap with HIV and TB programming.
- Ensure high quality, timely reporting of COVID-19 results to Government, donor agencies and THPS, as per the requirements of each COVID-19 project.
- Recruit and/or manage COVID-19 M&E consultants at national or sub-national levels.
- Ensure that implementation of COVID-19 M&E field activities adheres to THPS/MOH/IVD COVID-19 monitoring and evaluation strategies and plans.
- Participate actively in program planning and review processes.
- He/she conducts data analysis presentations and progress tracking at district level in collaboration with the District Data manager and Regional SI leaders.
- He/she work with DDM to conduct data verification on monthly basis and data quality assessment on quarterly basis at his/her district level.
- He/she ensures timely data entry and reporting on time for their regions, tracking referral forms and verify with registers at facilities is another role covered by SIOs.
- He/she also participate in generation of queries and data cleaning.
- Assist the COVID-19 Program Epidemic control officer in preparing and submitting donor reports and other relevant materials (e.g. data briefs), as per the requirements of each COVID-19 project.
- Representing THPS in the national M&E technical working groups meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of three years professional experience in M&E positions, with responsibility for developing and implementing M&E activities for international development initiatives.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in public health, statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field. Master’s degree or advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics preferred.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems across the project lifespan (e.g. initiation to closeout), preferably in health.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixedmethod, and impact) and data collection, analysis and visualization methodologies.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and database management.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys; developing and refining data collection tools; conducting data quality assessments and oversight; and managing and providing ongoing capacity development to M&E field officers.
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to [email protected] by June 17, 2022 with a position tittle as a subject line, for example ‘’Health Promotion Officer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; youth, women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.