StoryboardArtist at UBONGO
- Company: UBONGO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: Storyboard Artist
Team Leader: No
Work Remotely: No
Travel Required: No
Reports To: Animation Co-ordinator & Head of Production
Contract Type: Project
Organisation: Ubongo Learning
Number of Posts 1
UBONGO is Africa’s leading producer of kids’ edutainment. As a non-profit social enterprise, we create fun, localised and multi-platform educational content that helps kids learn, and leverage their learning to change their lives. Ubongo reaches millions of families across Africa through accessible technologies like TV, radio and mobile phones. Our show’s Ubongo Kids and Akili and Me currently air in 31 countries across Africa, in Swahili, English, French, and Kinyarwanda. We are currently adapting the shows to even more languages including Kikuyu, Luo, Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, and Twi. This is a great time to join an organisation that’s rapidly growing across the continent, and work with a creative and impact-driven team committed to reaching as many families in Africa with life-changing edutainment.
We are looking for a Storyboard Artist. Working at Ubongo won’t be easy, but it will challenge and excite you with lots of responsibilities, plenty of fun, and give you the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of kids every day.
We’re looking for a dynamic, creative and flexible StoryBoard Artist to expand and improve our animation department. You’ll work closely with our Animation Coordinator and Head of Produce to ensure quality of the content and products we create, turning a script into a compelling visual story that will then be used to make our beloved animated shows.
1. Storyboarding from Script
Working with script writers and animation coordinators to continuously find innovative and simple ways to make storyboarding more efficient and fun!
Embody and promote Ubongoers’ principles and comply with communication norms.
Working with coordinator and script writer making sure the script is understood.
2. Storyboarding with objective
Take Ubongo Kids and Akili and Me scripts and turn them into a compelling visual story: tell a great story through your drawings
Ensure that all products move us toward Ubongo’s vision of helping 440 million kids in Africa learn, and leverage their learning to change their lives.
Ensuring the learning objective of the story is achieved and follow up on comments to meet deadlines.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS ESSENTIALS:
- Experience in using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Storyboard Pro.
- Experience in freehand drawing.
- Strong artistic ability, and knowledge of how to present visuals in a convincing way.
- Willingness to consider and learn different/new artistic styles outside the “comfort zone”.
- A strong ability to interpret scripts into drawings and fill in the missing details to make a panel or shot come alive
- Self-motivation and a high level of responsibility to complete tasks in a timely manner and make significant progress without direct supervision.
- Ownership of projects including debriefing with team members
- Flexibility in adjusting to new work related requirements as they arise.
- Good time management and adherence to deadlines set.
- Exemplifies Ubongoer’s principles.
- Experience in using Adobe After Effects.
- Previous experience in working with animation companies.
- Previous experience in writing scripts.
Phew! You made it through that. The good thing is that there are also perks, like a delicious healthy lunch at the office, health insurance, pension payments of up to 10% (matching the value of your individual contributions), 28 working days paid annual leave (in addition to the public holidays) and you get to watch cartoons at work.
APPLY USING THIS ONLINE FORM.
Please note that only applicants who apply using this online form will be considered. Those who come directly to the office with a CV or who email their CV to us will simply be referred back to this online form.
So please save yourself time and effort by simply sticking to this form. THANKS!
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th August, 2021.