Stores & Procurement Manager at Asilia lodges and Camps LTD
- Company: Asilia lodges and Camps LTD
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Stores & Procurement Manager
Reporting to: General Manager
Introduction & Job Summary
We are a company built by passionate people with long-standing roots in the original family-run safari companies of East Africa, such as Ker and Downey, which originated in 1946, Rekero Camp in 1986 and Olivers Camp in 1992. With a pioneering eye, our founders, many of whom are still involved today, combined their safari experience, passion, and commitment to East Africa, and in 2004, formed Asilia Africa. They knew that their diverse characters and family spirit could bring real change to East Africa in a meaningful way, which lead them to choose the name Asilia – Swahili for ‘genuine’ or ‘authentic’. Although we are keen and committed to preserving the authentic, family-run East African safari experience, we understand that operational stability and scale are essential in realising our vision of making a substantive, lasting positive impact.
Following on from our founders’ original vision, our core values of family spirit, teamwork, and dedication to service underpin all that we do. Today, we are a fast-growing, leading travel brand in East Africa, employing more than 900 people with a footprint of 23 camps and lodges in Kenya and Tanzania. We offer guests a genuine African safari through rich, meaningful, and immersive wildlife experiences. As new opportunities emerge, we continue to evolve, but will always be rooted in one fundamental principle: to offer genuine safaris that make a genuine difference and empower the crucial wilderness areas in East Africa to thrive, benefiting people and nature alike.
We are looking for a professional a Stores & Procurement Manager for Tanzania.
- Facilitating the Project operations Management on the specific project sourcing and costing, executing Capital Expenditure requirements at the best cost analysis and monitoring the project progression, expediting the terms and conditions for such contracts.
- Negotiate bulk ordering for specific projects
- Facilitate miscellaneous orders
- Dealing with international sourcing for the specific requirement when local markets are exhausted, establishing international partnerships to smooth the Procurement activities and effective importation including selection of competitive agencies.
- Importation of goods from the international markets and or suppliers with the best
- import and export procedures adhered using the approved TIC list for the exemption purposes and duties. Keep the TIC list updated and advice process the new application on its expiration.
- Supervise the procurement cycle and executing daily purchases to support the operational requirements of the organization and its units at the best practice of purchasing principles.
- Producing Procurement reports and monthly Purchase orders status for order completion in the system. Also to keep all Procurement records for the best interest of the company and Procurement audit purposes.
- Produce status report weekly on all orders in the system and their status Signoff the LPO’s
- To undertaking the procurement functions efficiently and wisely, obtaining by an ethical means the best Value for Money from a cost/quality basis.
- To ensure continuity of supply maintaining effective relationship with existing sources and by developing other sources of supply either as alternatives or to meet emerging or planned needs.
- Organizing the collection of goods in the most economical way in terms of cost and time.
- Solicitation, evaluation and selection of competitive suppliers, service providers and contractors as per the company’s Procurement policy.
- Managing the Suppliers database providing updates about the supplier’s performance and keep their records such as address and contacts.
- Negotiate with suppliers and manage suppliers contracts with best prices and achieving value for money
- To make sure all listed suppliers has signed their contracts and visit them at least twice a year.
- Analysing and monitoring suppliers’ prices, market conditions and price fluctuations and create awareness for the particular changes.
- Negotiate quarterly prices with suppliers when possible Bulk buying
- Signing recons before payments are done to suppliers and follow up on the outstanding required documents.
- To Make sure camps gets their goods and or services on time
- To make sure all suppliers are paid on time as agreed on the contract
- To be well-informed on tax matters affecting the Company based on the purchases made by the Company and the impact on the cost.
- To maintain sound co-operative relationship with other departments, providing information and advice as necessary to ensure the effective operation of the organization as a whole.
- Conduct timely performance appraisals of direct reports and highlights areas of improvements
- Training, coaching, and development junior staff
- Assisting in any other areas of the Procurement function as requested by a senior Manager within reasonable limits.
- To maintain tight control on all stores, keys and inventory
- To maintain good contact with re supplies vehicle owners
- Making sure all the Owners of the vehicle we hire for re supplies have sign off the contract with Asilia and they get paid in time
- To Make sure the departments run within the budget
Minimum qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Masters in Procurement and Supply Chain Management from recognized Institution (Certified with the Board of procurement will add advantages)
- 5+ years’ experience in procurement, Stores and purchasing
- Excellent managerial and training skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with good listening and critical reasoning skills
- Should have problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent analytical and report writing skills.
Method of ApplicationMinimum experience of two years is required for each post Applicants are invited to submit their cv/resumes and copy of certificates to
Itracom fertilizers limited
P.O.Box 1299, 41209,
All application must be send to the address above before 18th october 2022
For any inquiry please contact: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 18 October 2022.