Storekeeper – Fixed Term Appointment at World Food Programme (WFP)
- Company: World Food Programme (WFP)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania - World Food Programme (WFP) Jobs in Tanzania
JOB TITLE: Storekeeper
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed Term Appointment
UNIT/DIVISION: Supply Chain Unit/RBJ
DUTY STATION (City, Country): Dar Es Salaam Port Office, Tanzania
DURATION: One year
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency (level C) in the English and Swahili languages.
The Storekeeper will report to the Logistics Associate and be managed by the National Logistics Officer at Dar es Salaam Port. The Storekeeper is expected to be exposed to all phases of the warehouse operations and work with minimum supervision. The Storekeeper may provide supervision and on-the-job training to other warehouse staff.
To handle receipt/dispatch and verification of commodities in order to maximise quality of warehouse operations and mitigate losses, and to support the best storage management practices in compliance with WFP warehouse standards and established guidelines.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Effectively receive/dispatch commodities including transhipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
2. Prepare, verify and sign off warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
3. Conduct daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks supporting internal control systems in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
4. Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, detect promptly and analyse reasons for stock discrepancies/damages, investigate missing quantity and prepare warehouse loss reports recommending appropriate solutions, to enable informed decision-making.
5. Implement appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities, to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
6. Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions, to support efficient warehouse space-planning and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
7. Provide guidance and on-the-job training to warehouse staff to contribute to their development and high performance.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience using logistics databases to extract routine reports.
• Experience in managing warehouses with food and NFIs.
• Experience in managing inventories.
• Experience in processing invoices.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
– The applicant should be a Tanzanian National.
– Only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
– Applicants must be submitted online.
– Use English Language only.
– Indicate clear years of experience with each job (Month/Year).
– Attach copies of your qualifications.
– By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong, or incomplete information might lead to your disqualifications in this recruitment process.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for submitting applications is 04 May 2022
Female applicants and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th April, 2022.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE