Stock Controller at Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania
- Company: Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania(AKHST); an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, completed a major phase II expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam in 2018.
This expansion aimed at improving the Hospital’s quality of facilities and infrastructure to become an ultramodern 170 bed facility to increase its capacity as a provider of high- quality medical care leading to a tertiary care, referral and teaching hospital.
The Phase II development focused on expanding key clinical services including a comprehensive cardiology program, oncology services and neurosciences, as well as the expansion of Orthopedics and Trauma, Diagnostic Imaging, Critical Care and Women and Child Health programs.
The Hospital is JCI Accredited (achieved a level of quality and patient service that is equal to the best hospitals in the world) and the teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers Postgraduate Medical Education programs leading to Master of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Paediatrics and Child Health.
It is also an accredited internship site. As part of the integrated health systems approach, AKHST plans to establish 35 outreach health facilities that are located across Tanzania. Currently, 20 such clinics have been established across the country and linked the main hospital in Dar es Salaam.
AKHST is seeking for enthusiastic, qualified and experienced personnel as described below:
Stock Controller – (1 Position)
REPORTING TO THE ASSISTANT MANAGER, WAREHOUSE
Stock Controller is responsible for Hospital stock and supplies in specific storage locations or stocking points within the hospital environment. The Stock Controller will ensure that issues and receipts are accounted for and followed expeditiously with system transactions.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the accuracy of both physical and book stocks, handling of documents and flow of supply In and Out of the store.
- Ensure internal orders are placed to replenish stocks as needed by raising SPRs on time and get them verified by Inventory Planner and Warehouse Manager.
- Ensure all goods received from the suppliers are adequately accounted for and accompanied with their necessary documents.
- Conduct daily stock counts (perpetual stock take) and maintain its information of physical balance against book balance.
- Ensure applying FIFO & FEFO method while issuing goods.
- Informing internal customers on the new stock arrivals through supervisors.
- Ensure constant availability of stock by checking the reorder levels and placing its request on time.
- Any other roles assigned by the Supervisor or designee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Diploma in Material Management from a recognized College.
- Should have registration from Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB).
- Minimum of Two years of experience in hospital warehouse setting.
- Working knowledge of an inventory management system. Strong MS office application skills.
Method of ApplicationAPPLICATION LETTER, CV AND EDUCATION CERTIFICATES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: [email protected] WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. 0. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON MONDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2022
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
“AKHS is concerned about the climate and environmental crises we face and is doing everything possible to reduce our own impact, encouraging others to do the same, and advancing understanding in this field. AKHS has set itself the task of getting as close to net- zero carbon operations as possible by 2030. We expect all staff to contribute to achieving these aims in the context of their roles. We encourage applicants with previous experience or an interest in this field to apply”