Staff Physician at Geita Gold Mining
- Company: Geita Gold Mining
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Geita Gold Mining
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Staff Physician.
Job Number: GGM-2020-TR-06.
Number of Positions: 02 (One Year Fixed Term)
Works For: Chief Medical Officer
- Degree of Medicine (MD).
- Registered with Medical Council of Tanganyika.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with ability to provide patient critical care
Purpose of the Role:
To maintain a healthy workforce and working conditions to achieve high productivity and retain the social license to operate at Geita Gold Mining Limited.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
- Practice medicine using Medical Council of Tanganyika standards and maintaining good stand.
- Assist Chief Medical Officer in provision of leadership in the performance of medical activities including Primary Health Care (Preventive, Counseling and Treatment Measures), Occupational Health and Public Health.
- Recommend plans to Chief Medical Officer and implement medical programs out of approved plans to improve provision of medical services and facilities, develop medical protocols to comply with medical ethics, regulations and guidelines, establishment and storage of medical reports, statistics and records.
- Institute and manage continuing professional education, in-service training, and orientation of clinical staff.
- Diagnose and treat a variety of injuries and diseases; examine patients using medical equipment; order, execute and analyze tests to diagnose patients.
- Supervise and provide systematic care to patients in the emergency room, ward and OPD and critical care to patients having cardiorespiratory complications
- Work in a method that is reliable with health and safety practices, especially concerning to the handling and disposing of body fluids and sharps.
- Advise patients about hvqiene, diet, disease prevention and other medical topics.
- Keep informed of the latest medicinal information.
- Participate in the collection of information from different areas of the company operation to determine impact of activities and nature of working areas to the health of employees and contractors.
- Participate in departmental health programs such as HIV/AIDS, Malaria and other public health activities.
- Assist Chief Medical Officer to oversee patients’ satisfaction and communicate with the patients in case of complaints.
- Assist Chief Medical Officer to ensure smooth running of the clinic, this includes checking on the staff, supplies, and any other problem which can affect the smooth running of the clinic.
- Assist Chief Medical Officer in carrying out good level of communication in the health department in order to make the entire system work in a coordinated fashion.
- Accountable for clinic supervision/administration when on duty or on call.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Willing to attend standby and call-out duties.
- Team player.
- Experience in management of people and teams.
- Skills in negotiating and managing partner relationships.
- The ability to work across all disciplines, where rigorous engagement and interaction is expected.
- The ability to handle conflict resolution.
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with good presentation and facilitation skills.
- The ability to work and communicate with people at all levels/good interpersonal skills
- Driving competency (Tanzania Driving License Class B and D)
Method of Application
Application cover letter (Subject should be: Staff Physician and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address.
You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd, P.O.Box 532, Geita. Email: [email protected];
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to Departmental Senior HR Officer. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
- Application letters should reach the above on or before 27 May 2020 – 17hr30 at 17hr30. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.