Sr. Technical Advisor HIV/TB/FP at Pact
- Company: Pact
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Pact seeks an experienced Sr. Technical Advisor HIV/TB/FP for the anticipated upcoming USAID/Tanzania Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program HIV and Tuberculosis Activity (C3HP-HIV/TB). USAID/Tanzania intends to award a contract to support the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and the President’s Office- Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) at the central level and in target Mainland regions to deliver high-quality integrated HIV and TB prevention care and treatment services that will improve health outcomes, particularly for youth and women. The acquisition will increase the demand for and use of quality integrated HIV and Tuberculosis services in target regions by improving access to quality services in both facilities and the surrounding communities, promoting positive health-seeking behaviors among Tanzania’s populace, and enhancing the overall policy environment for HIV/TB service delivery. This is anticipated to be a five-year activity. More information can be found here on beta.sam.gov. This position is contingent upon award.
- Assist the DCOP to design and implement evidence-based and patient-centered interventions to reach high-risk populations, with a focus on early detection and diagnosis of HIV/TB amongst adult and child populations in the program’s target geographic areas.
- Under Direction of DCOP- Technical, provides technical advice and direction to projects in respect to Project’s strategic priority areas HIV/AIDS; TB, other infectious diseases, including pandemic preparedness and response, One Health, and non- communicable diseases (NCDs)
- Supervise a team of technical personnel focusing on specific areas of implementation ensuring they support the project’s overall strategic approach, its integration into the M&E plans, and its coordination at appropriate degrees throughout all levels of the GOT.
- Collaborate with DCOP- Technical in providing oversight and technical direction to the project, and in determining the appropriateness and types of interventions for both clinical and community-based services .
- As appropriate and in coordination with DCOP Technical act as technical liaison between the project and other donors and stakeholders operating in Tanzania
- Provide a critical review to key project reports
- Ensure program adherence to internationally endorsed and recognized guidance on TB/HIV and FP services.
- Involve civil society and program partners in the design and implementation of all program activities.
- Advanced degree (Medical, Master’s or PhD) in medicine, health/public health, sociology, or epidemiology;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience designing and implementing infectious disease outreach programs;
- Demonstrated understanding of health-seeking behavior and patient support needs;
- Experience successfully involving patients or key affected populations and civil society in project design and execution;
- Full professional proficiency in English;
- Experience developing and implementing effective communication and community engagement programs, and strong organizational and management skills preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of USAID and PEPFAR operations and regulations
- Solid knowledge of Tanzanian health sector priorities
- A good reputation in the Tanzanian health sector
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th March, 2021.