Sponsorship Program Facilitator at World Vision
- Company: World Vision
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Purpose of the position:
Effectively and efficiently facilitate Implementation of program development and sponsorship at the project level to ensure that communities are empowered for sustainable development and they contribute to child well being outcome as per World Vision standards
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Implementation and reporting of planned activities
- Participate in planning and budgeting, preparation of work plans, implementation of planned activities and monitoring/ reporting of progress.
- Facilitate and monitor the implementation of planned activities and community level engagements.
- Mobilize and facilitate the engagements of stakeholders during planning and development meetings, workshops and Seminars.
- Identify local level partners, support and facilitate the partnership in the implementation of planned activities.
- Facilitate stakeholders and partners in supervision and monitoring of programmatic activities.
- Support the collection and documentation of impact and success stories on monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annually.
Community engagement and advocacy
- Sensitize community empowerment through TEAM approach by organizing commercial producer groups (CPG) and formation of commercial villages.
- Mobilize and facilitate integration of Vision Fund Tanzania(VFT) and Resilience Project Models such as Market Led Agriculture, Local Value Chain Development (LVCD), Standardized Saving Groups (eg Village loan saving Association (VSLA) and other Economic development initiatives
- Innovatively support communities including RC households to participate and benefit from the programme development and make intentional inclusion of RC families in CPG, VSLA, Village Community Bank (VICOBA) and other program economic activities
- Sensitize community on sponsorship (RC parents/ guardians, community leaders and other community members) and facilitate participation in the sponsorship management project activities
- Mobilize and facilitate active participation of children and their communities to participate in planning, monitoring and implementation and evaluation of community development initiatives.
- Build the capacity of children, families and community to collectively engage local leaders on identified issues.
- Follow-up on commitments by leaders on improvement of the wellbeing of children.
- Mobilize communities to participate in annual children care and protection days – such as the Day of African child.
Monitoring of Registered Children
- Support development of integrated monitoring plan in assigned area with ADP stakeholder
- Analyze STEP management report and follow up critical RCs findings by using case management tool
- Analyze Child well being (CWB) RC visits and Service Operation Indicator (SOI) reports from STEP and share them with ADP stakeholders
- Compile monitoring reports for management action.
- Hold monthly / quarterly meetings with Child Monitors and guardians/parents and child protection committees to address findings from monitoring.
- Identify, train volunteers/monitor, partners and train on sponsorship philosophy and partnership standard.
- Provide quality and accurate information on presence, support and benefit to enable entry in STEP database.
Child Protection and Wellbeing
- Monitor the wellbeing and child abuse cases and report any accordance in line with child protection policy and guidelines.
- Work with local leaders to protection children from child violations and abuses on child protection.
- Sensitization of children including all RC on child protection.
- Sensitize children, guardians/parents and other stakeholders about children’s rights and responsibilities with a view to identify child violations.
- Facilitate spiritual nurture of children.
- Facilitate networking relationships and participation with wide stakeholders such as government, church, faith based organization leaders and other key partners at local level such as NGOs, CBOs, IGA groups
- Facilitate WVT/VFT integration for profitable agriculture, livestock production and enterprise development (high value agriculture crops and livestock breeds).
- Foster partnership with local institution in RC monitoring
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum Qualification required:Diploma in Agronomy or Nutrition/ food science/Consumer studies & related field from accredited College/University in Agronomy, Nutrition, consumer studies
- Preferred: Degree /Advanced Diploma in Agronomy or Nutrition/ food science/Consumer studies & related field.
- Experience: 1 – 2 years in programming
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High integrity.
- Partnering and engaging with stakeholders
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Report writing skills
- Networking and influencing skills.
- Highly reliable and dependable.
- Passion for children.
- Skills in Programming.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and donors
- Computer skills
- Community Facilitation skills
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Few office work with frequent visits to the field
- Travel: 20% Domestic travel is required and On call: 05%
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 11th December, 2020.