Specialized Technician ICT at Médecins Sans Frontières
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
FOR NATIONAL STAFF ONLY
Job Vacancy – Specialized Technician ICT
Title: SPECIALIZED TECHNICIAN ICT
Duration: 12 months (Fixed Term Contract) – Full time position (100%)
Starting date: 01/01/2023
Direct Reports: Logistic Team Leader
Location: Nduta Camp and Kibondo (Kigoma Region)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
· Essential secondary education and formal technical training. Certifications in the domain would be an asset.
· Preferably 1-2 years of proven experience in IT or technical functions
· Essential mission language: English and Swahili (Kirundi and/or French will be a plus.)
Objectives of the position:
· Performing autonomously, specific complex / advanced installation, maintenance works and repairs de-pending on technician’s specialization (requiring special/qualifications/training), according to supervi-sor’s instructions and MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure a proper functioning and maintenance of MSF equipment, installations and infrastructures.
· Maintaining and following up on all Information Technology (IT) and Telecom equipment, tools and services in the project, in accordance with MSF standards, policies, protocols and procedures;
· implementing and improving data security protocols (data saving, firewall, User Access right, backup, security for equipment and software, etc.) to ensure data security, availability, and immediate operational recovery and continuity in case of emergency;
· Providing educational support (briefing, training and support, etc.) to all users. Providing advanced educational support (briefing, training and support, etc.) to logistics experts dealing with IT and Telecom systems;
· Providing regular activity reports for the sites under his/her responsibility in accordance with MSF guidelines. Updating and archiving all user and ICT (Information and Communications Technology) related documentation due to changes in the IT and Telecom infrastructures;
· Performing any other task, specific to his/her area of specialty, as defined in his/her job description and according to the line manager.
Main competencies and knowledge:
· Expertise in latest version of Microsoft Operating System and business applications (Office365)
· Good knowledge of computer hardware and maintenance processes, network theory and their respective protocols, main email systems, IT security best practices and IT service management tools (ITSM)
· Understanding in Server Management (latest version of Microsoft Operating System, Active directory) and virtualization (Hyper-V)
· Understanding of radio telecommunication concepts (HF, VHF, GSM, Satellite)
· Teaching and supporting skills
· Result and quality orientation
· Flexible, stress resistant and cooperative person
Method of ApplicationAll interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Tuesday, December 20th, 2022 at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “SPECIALIZED TECHNICIAN ICT”.
Please send your application to the email address [email protected]. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact [email protected]