Specialized Technician at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Job Vacancy – Specialized Technician
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff
Title: SPECIALIZED TECHNICIAN
Direct Reports: DEPUTY LOGISTIC COORDINATOR
Location: Dar es Salaam.
Performing autonomously, specific complex / advanced installation, maintenance works and repairs depending on technician’s specialization (requiring special/qualifications/training), according to supervisor’s instructions and MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure a proper functioning and maintenance of MSF equipment, installations and infrastructures
Minimum Educational Qualification: Diploma in Electrical engineering
Experience: Essential working experience of at least 2 years in relevant jobs, experience with MSF or other NGOs in developing countries
Languages: English (French and Swahili will be an asset)
· Results and Quality Orientation
· Teamwork and Cooperation
· Behavioural Flexibility
· Commitment to MSF Principles
· Service Orientation
· Stress Management
· Performing autonomously, all necessary complex / advanced installations, maintenance and repairs (i.e. requiring special qualifications/training), according to the supervisor’s instructions and executes any needed tests after any repair or maintenance. Including the following functions:
· Qualified Electrician
· Qualified Mechanic
· Biomed Technician
· Making suggestions regarding any repair or maintenance work needed in MSF electrical installations, equipment and/or vehicles and assisting logistics department for any relative work needed.
· Managing the stock of consumable items, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, avoiding any shortage.
· Responsible for the equipment and tools, including extinguishers, checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary and keeping the inventory updated.
· Keeping working area clean and tidy.
· Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to logistical maintenance are always completed. Preparing needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance.
· Immediately informing the line manager of any problems that arise in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, theft or attempted break-ins
· Working in collaboration with other specialised technicians and workers, if necessary, or managing a small team of workers.
· Follow up maintenance and repair works in MSF premises (Guest houses, Office and Warehouse)
· Collect and Communicate with the MSF staff for the repair requests and follow up on ongoing works
· Carry out all minor works (construction, repairs, etc.) identified by the line manager
· Perform regular maintenance of MSF installations, particularly preventive maintenance
· In the event of faults / deterioration, diagnose the problem and propose possible solutions to the line manager and/or technical adviser.
· Ensure that there are adequate stocks of consumables and materials for minor repairs and manage those stocks; placing orders in time.
· Planing of maintenance all equipment installed and used in MSF premises like Air-Conditioners, UPS, Stabilizers, solar system etc
· Scheduling and implementation of Fumigation activities in MSF premises
· Monitoring on Water supply and draining systems in MSF premises
· Carry out generator fueling and periodical maintenance.
· Assist line manager for any related work needed
· People living with disabilities or minorities to indicate in their CV or Motivation letter
· Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Method of ApplicationAll interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Monday 22nd January 2024 at 5:00 PM . Please quote the job title on the email subject “SPECIALIZED TECHNICIAN”
Please send your application to the email address [email protected]
The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Mikocheni B, Daima street House no 16 Dar es Salaam, or in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District or MSF Guest House Kibondo or MSF Office-LIWALE
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.