Specialist, Employee Relations at Standard Bank
- Company: Standard Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Test Division Summary
To improve the work environment through support to HR Business Partners and Line Managers with regard to best practice in managing people relations.
The key liaison to working with third parties, such as unions, attorneys, labour courts, internal audit and forensics in ensuring effective resolution of disputes as well as assisting in the management and analysis of dispute resolution information and reports.
- 1. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITY
– Ensure the implementation of the Employee Wellness program of the Bank.
– Handle all aspects of the Occupational Health and Safety rules with the support of line, policy and procedures.
– Support management in educating staff on all the staff policies and procedures
– Conduct quarterly and ad hoc consultation meetings with staff
– Work with HCBPs and Line Managers to enhance understanding of Performance Improvement Process and providing necessary support to both parties. Follow up on adherence to procedure/policies, reporting requirements etc. and finally achieve improved performance status or legally sound exit from the bank within defined timelines.
– Assist the Head HC to align all HC policies and procedures to comply with statutory requirements while ensuring adherence to the same by all employees.
– Assist with the education of line management with regard to Labour Relations legislation and employees relations practices
– Consult and train employees and line managers regarding the Bank’s disciplinary and grievance procedures and other changes of terms and conditions of employment
– Monitor disciplinary and grievance enquiries and ensure that it is dealt with in an effective and efficient manner and compile monthly reports to the HR Head and Head of Employee Relations at Centre
– Management of Industrial Relations issues internally and externally, i.e. representing the Bank at Rule 6 conferences and Labour Court hearings if and when required.
– Support the HC Head to manage relationship with unions and unionized employees within the bank.
– Implementation of Learning and Growth initiatives and successful HR transformation.
– In partnership with the Head of HR, Group and regional Learning and Growth units and line management develop and coordinate the annual training programme.
– Support the execution of HR strategy and initiatives on people management framework
– Provide support to the business in ensuring employee engagement initiatives are effectively implemented
– Provide inputs and actioning programs to support effective HR service delivery
– Consult to the Business -partner and collaborate with business to ensure people issues are identified and HR solutions timely provided
– Contribute to HR policies and procedures in terms of developing, reviewing and monitoring implementation thereto.
– Planning and implementing training process flow i.e. Establish the Skills gap within Business Units and carry out Training Needs Analysis based on business and staff development needs, Coordinating and Evaluation training effectiveness.
– Ensure proper implementation of core training, group induction of new employees and other management skills training as appropriate.
– Coordinate the availability of course trainers/facilitators as appropriate.
– Manage the training calendar to ensure delivery.
– Evaluate the effectiveness of the training programme and determine the impact the training has had on the performance of employees.
Man power Planning & Resourcing
– Manage recruitment process end-to-end to ensure quality and meeting audit compliance requirements
– In collaboration with Business Units facilitate analysis of staffing needs and agree on resourcing strategy.
– In collaboration with Line Management ensure that talent management initiatives are carried out to effectively resource, retain, reward and deploy the best talent
– Facilitate talent reviews, mapping and succession planning to ensure organisational staffing needs are well addressed
– Monitor performance management process end-to-end to ensure quality output
– Facilitate & enhance both organisational and individual performance through out the performance management cycle.
– Consult, advise and coach Line Management on employee performance and managing poor performance
HRMIS & administration
– Ensure that personnel information is current and updated as need be in order to meet organisational information needs.
– Ensure provision of effective HR administrative support in recruitment, terminations, benefits and compensation and correspondence and filing
Organisational development and change management
– In collaboration with the Line Management ensure that Job Descriptions are compiled, and job roles communicated to each staff
– As a change catalyst facilitate company’s communication and management of change initiatives.
Human Capital relationship management
Ensure that positive and professional relationships are maintained with all key contacts external & internal to ensure effective HR service delivery
Preferred Qualification and Experience
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
(knowledge, skills and experience necessary to enable satisfactory performance in the job)
– Relevant tertiary qualification (Degree) in Labour Relations/ local laws and related disciplines is preferred.
– 3 to 5 Years’ experience in the Industrial Relations field
– Experience in Conciliation & Arbitration applications i.e. condonation, rescission applications.
– Knowledge of relevant legislation.
– Knowledge of Tanzania Labour Legislation, Dispute Resolution mechanisms, and relevant case law as it pertains to employee relations is required.
– Efficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
– Strong negotiation skills.
– Effective Litigation skills and the ability to prepare a case and present it at the Labour Commissioner’s Office.
– Thorough understanding of business objectives, processes and control procedures.
– Working knowledge of compliance related legislation
– High levels of innovation and resourcefulness, demonstrating appropriate flexibility on the job.
– Strong relationship management ability at all levels of the business.
– Ability to effect appropriate organisation and control over the Employee Relations function.
Strong knowledge of management capability, ensuring appropriate record keeping and monthly reporting of Employee Relations data and relevant activities.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 22nd August, 2021.