Software Development (One Position) at Ministry of Health (MoHCDEC)
- Company: Ministry of Health (MoHCDEC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
The Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Eldery and Children (Health) through Immunization and Vaccine Development Program (IVD) under the Department of Preventive Services has solicited support and collaboration from different stakeholders, one of them is Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunizations (GAVI).
In fulfilling the task of providing leadership to the Health Sector response to Immunization and Vaccine, IVD intends to employ six (6) suitably qualified Tanzanian candidates under renewable contractual agreement for a period of three (3) years as follows: –
Position: Software Development (One Position)
Supervisor (s): EPI Manager
Level of Effort: Full time
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
To support management of IVD Electronic Immunization System (EIS) and Warehouse Management System (WMS) for improving stock visibility for program performance.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- To assist in the design, development, testing, documentation and maintenance of the WMS, EIS and other associated systems.
- To development, configuration, testing and implementation of WMS and EIS and its associated equipment.
- To support the development, configuration and operationalization of WMS and EIS configurations that use standard-based data structure.
- To develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to establish standard code sets for WMS and EIS, and assist in implementation of standardized coding schemes for WMS and EIS applications.
- To support the design, development, testing and implementation of WMS, EIS and other Systems that supports IVD operations.
- To assist in the development of SOPs on how to use, maintain and administer the HIM and associated applications.
- To contribute to global communities of practice on using open source software application to improve health systems.
Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or Computer Science or related concentration from recognized University/College with experience on designing and implementation of web-based platforms, Master’s degree in health and/or information systems or related field is an added advantage.
- More than 5 years of experience with agile software development methodologies and managing deployments, maintenance, disaster recovery and supporting production applications.
- 5 years or more of experience with design, development and deployment of open source applications especially in Java, Apache, advanced UNIX permissions and database development.
- Up-to-date knowledge of technologies, methodologies and technology standards associated with interoperability and an understanding of the constraints and benefits of different technologies.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania and Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth certificate.
- National ID.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate.
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
Method of ApplicationAll applications should be sent to:
Permanent Secretary (Health),
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Eldery and Children,
NB: Closing date will be two weeks from the first advertisement in this newspaper.
Only successful candidates will be contacted and all interview costs will be borne by the applicants.