Social Lead at Besix Ballast Nedam (BBN)
- Company: Besix Ballast Nedam (BBN)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanga Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
BESIX Ballast Nedam (BBN) Limited, the CONTRACTOR for the Engineering, Procurement and Construction of the Jetty and Load Out Facilities in the Tanga Bay for the East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) Project, invites job application for SOCIAL LEAD.
Project EACOP – Jetty & Loading Out Facility
Employer BESIX Ballast Nedam Limited (BBN)
Work Location Tanga Port
Position Title Social Lead
Reports To: H3SE Manager
Employment Duration December 2023 to July 2025
Job Type Full Time
Purpose and scope of assignment
The Social Lead is responsible for implementation of key aspects of the BBN Stakeholder Engagement Plan and is the primary interface with communities most closely located to BBN activities. The Social Lead maintains an ongoing interface with the BBN Construction Manager on all community related issues arising from the BBN work activities.
• Develop understanding of District, Ward, Village and other stakeholders on how they may be impacted by BBN activities.
• Develop understanding of BBN construction, BBN work locations (direct and indirect) and the type of community engagement required to keep community informed of BBN ongoing and upcoming activities.
• Implement BBN Stakeholder Engagement work plan.
• Interface with BBN Site representative and EACOP CLO on construction activities.
• Develop and share BBN Project information with EACOP CLO and Communities.
• Keep BBN updated on community issues, feedback and highlight potential community related risk to BBN for action.
• Record and report community questions and Project related concern and participate in preparing and providing timely responses.
• Implement EACOP Project Grievance Mechanism and coordinate with the EACOP to resolve grievance related to BBN activities.
• Maintain detailed records of all stakeholder engagement supporting information, including minutes of meeting, attendance register, photos and written records and maintain a database of all hard/soft copies for sharing with EACOP.
• Maintain a register and record of all stakeholders concerns, issues and any other stakeholder feedback relating to BBN construction activities or action with BBN Social Lead.
• Produce daily, weekly, and monthly construction engagement inputs and reports as required
• Support BBN construction activities and engagement activities as needed by BBN Construction Manager and BBN H3SE Manager.
• Supervise and Lead the Social Section Team.
• Any other related activities as assigned by your Superiors.
Job qualification, experience and skills.
Applicant should possess the following.
• Must have Bachelor Degree qualification preferably health, safety or environmental field of study or equivalent.
• Bachelor degree in Sociology, social science, environmental science or equivalent qualifications.
• Not less than 5 years experience preferred on construction field.
• Must be well organized and with high level interpersonal skills.
• Proven experience in conducting community engagement activities.
• Experience in dealing with authorities and relevant protocols.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to develop and maintain good relations with potential stakeholders and ability to resolve grievances and other complex issues.
Method of ApplicationAll Applications should be sent by email to [email protected] (Max. Email & attachment size: 20 MBs and all attachments to be combined in a single document) on or before 20th December 2023, 17:00hrs.
NOTICE; NO HIRING AT THE GATE!!!
PLEASE NOTE, if you are not contacted within 2 weeks after deadline date, consider your application unsuccessful.