Social Economic Empowerment Officer-Seeo at Tahea
- Company: Tahea
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania Home Economics Association (TAHEA) is a national professional organization of nutritionist, home economics, agriculturists and other related social science professions.
TAHEA envisions ‘A democratic society with better livingConditions’; with the Mission to improve the socio-economic conditions of the society through advocacy and capacity building on agriculture, food and nutrition, health and environment in collaboration with other stakeholders.
TAHEA implements the ‘Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project in Dodoma and Iringa region. EpiC is a 5 years’ global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. In Tanzania, EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level amongst the targeted populations. TAHEA is implementing partners that is implementing the project in Dodoma region and Iringa Regions.
TAHEA is seeking for qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies in Dodoma (Dodoma city, Kondoa & Chemba) and Iringa(Mufindi):-
Social Economic Empowerment Officer-SEEO (1 Position)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Cooperate with LGA and empowerment workers to identify the eligible beneficiaries to be mobilized into groups
- Conduct weekly and monthly data collection and reporting of program progress in weekly and monthly basis
- Facilitate empowerment workers in WORTH+ groups
- Monitor WORTH+ groups on and weekly basis by Reviewing and sharing reports written by Empowerment workers
- Take part in community committees and advisory groups
- Educate the beneficiaries to actively protect themselves and their sexual partners from HIV infection
- Ensure roll out of BCC sessions to AGYW before joining WORTH+ groups
- Gain trust from the community so to facilitate their participation in program’s activities
- Support Empowerment Workers on promote and encourage AGYW on the use of static and mobile biomedical service (DIC, CBHTC+, HBTC+) by informing beneficiaries on days and time of services
- To review the WORTH+ registers completed by empowerment workers on weekly basis
- Ensure empowerment workers train groups/ management Committee on banking tools and monitor their attendance and payment register,
- Provide weekly support to each empowerment workers and WORTH+ group as required by program
- Participate to monthly meetings with Empowerment
- Perform other duties as assigned by
Qualification and experience
The job holder is required to have sound knowledge, skills, attitude and experience in facilitating and mobilizing community to address the development challenges.
- Bachelor degree/ advance diploma in related fields, Sociology, Community Development and social work from a recognized University
- Minimum 3 years of working experience with development and community work
- Computer literate and proficient using MS Word, MS Excel and Internet/Email applications
- A minimum of 2 years in similar roles, including working with NGOs/CBOs/FBOs partners of varying capacities and
- Knowledge of community-based approaches in working with community at different levels/stages
- Leadership and management skills
- Proven facilitation, monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability/willingness to mentor and train
- Demonstrated high levels of self motivation, integrity and initiative;
- Able to communicate comfortably in both Kiswahili and
- Knowledge and familiarity with the structures and responsibilities of
Method of Application
Application are to be lodged through email: [email protected]
Candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail. All applicants MUST attach cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates as supporting documents to their applications.
All applications should be submitted not later than 16:00 HRS on Saturday, 10th October, 2020
Important Note: Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment or fees should be treated with extreme caution, viewed as potentially fraudulent and reported immediately.