Social Development, Social Risk Management and Safeguards Consultants at World Bank
- Company: World Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Social Development, Social Risk Management And Safeguards Consultants
The World Bank’s Social Sustainability and Inclusion Global Practice (SSI) is recruiting Short Term Consultants (STCs) as Social Development, Social Risk Management and Safeguards Consultants. The positions are national STCs covering Tanzania under the SAES2 Unit which handles social development, social risk management, social safeguards, social inclusion, and social sustainability in the country’s portfolio. The consultants will address the day-to-day social development and social risk management and safeguards aspects of projects in preparation and under supervision/monitoring using appropriate knowledge of the World Bank’s Environmental and Social Framework – ESF.
Duties and responsibilities
Working under the guidance of the Senior Social Development the STCs will assist SSI to provide continuous and timely support to the Tanzania Portfolio on social risk management and social inclusion and sustainability with a focus on ensuring compliance with the Bank’s Environmental and Social Framework (ESF) and integrating the social development elements into projects. Consultants will support both project design, preparation, and implementation. Specific tasks will include:
- Technical advice to the client;
- Review and input to various project preparation and implementation documents;
- Participate in missions and input to Mission Aide Memoires;
- Social Risk Rating and Social Performance Rating of pro jects. Tracking Social Performance;
- Review of various social safeguard related documents (including ESMFs, ESIAs/ESMPs. RPFs, RAPs, SEPs, LMPs, GRMs);
- Review social compliance in bidding documents;
- Prepare ESSAs for PforR operations, organize and participate in ESSA stakeholder consultations and validations.
- Supervise and monitor projects through field visits, timely identification of social risks and provision of mitigation measures and where required provision of on spot guidance on social screening and due diligence;
- Train project implementation teams and any other support as requested on behalf of the Bank.
Any successful Candidate should be a holder of at least a master’s degree or its equivalent in Sociology, Social Studies. Social Development. Development Studies. Community Development, or similar/relevant social sciences field with At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in social development, social risk management and safeguard compliance. Consultants should be familiar with the Bank’s Environment and Social Framework. Ability to work in teams essential, and especially cooperation with Task Team Leaders, government officials and development partner organizations.
Duration of Assignment
The consultants will each work for 150 days within the period July 1st, 2023, to June 30th, 2024. The contract is subject to renewal based on business needs and performance.
Method of ApplicationTo apply send an expression of interest and a CV detailing academic qualifications, experience and description of similar assignments performed to the email address [email protected]. Note that this is not a request for financial and/or technical proposals. Consultants shall be selected in accordance with World Bank procedures. The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture, and educational background. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Closing date is 30th April 2023
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE