Social Cohesion and Marketing Coordinator at Good Neighbors
- Company: Good Neighbors
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors has been working in Kigoma Region for Refugees Response since 2015 in Nyarugusu, Nduta and Mtendeli Refugee Camps. This year 2023, GNTZ in cooperation with KOICA-WFP and World Vision is planning to implement below project.
|KOICA-WFP Support Improved Livelihoods and Relations Between Host and Refugee Communities in Kigoma
|20,000 farmers and 540 farmers’ organizations and over 208,217 refugees and asylum- seekers.
|OUTCOME 1: Improved food security, resilience, and employment opportunities in Kasulu, Kakonko and Kibondo districts-Kigoma region.OUTCOME 2: Improved social cohesion between refugees and host communities through promotion of peace and stability in Kasulu, Kakonko and Kibondo districts in Kigoma region.
OUTCOME 3: Enhanced gender equality & protection for project beneficiaries.
OUTCOME 4: Quality project management, coordination and visibility at local, national and international levels.
|Kasulu, Kibondo and Kakonko Districts in Kigoma Region
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
Position: Social Cohesion and Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Country Director
Location: Kasulu District in Kigoma Region
Contract Duration: April-December, 2023 (9-month contract with 4-month probation, contract extension is subject to funding availability, employee performance or/and mutual agreement).
The Social Cohesion and Marketing Coordinator leads, coordinate and supports the development and implementation of all project activities, managing, coaching and providing managerial and technical supervision for staff. He/she must be aware of, and adhered to Good
Neighbors Tanzania Code of Conduct and Ethics. He/she will have a calm, friendly and professional manner with a passion for delivery and professionalism. He/she will also be capable to see through a task to completion with minimal supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, design and coordinate all project activities to ensure timely implementation and in accordance to GNTZ guidelines, policies and standards.
- Manage and ensure submission of monthly, quarterly and annual donor reports.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Creating best practices for improving farming to the beneficiaries, linkages to productive value chains and markets and addressing issues leading to post-harvest loss.
- Participate effectively in all relevant coordination meetings.
- Timely identification of challenges, gaps and the development of solutions for the project.
- Working on peace building with members of both refuges and host communities to ensure stability, economic growth and prosperity.
- Manage facilitation and development of market research and gap analysis through market assessment, empowering AMCOS and farmer groups.
- Establishing early warning and participatory mechanism for host and refugee’s communities.
- Lead and manage project staff members including coaching, ensuring coordination and capacity development.
- Create sustainable working environment including supporting staff with information and tools to help them improve performance.
- Provide on the job training as much as required and adapt trainings/coaching to specific staff needs.
- Ensure all staff members have relevant job description, work plans and that performance appraisals are conducted and performance followed up as needed.
- Explore new business and partnership.
- Ensure monitoring of the project through team meetings, monitoring visits, regular reporting and any other monitoring as needed.
- Develop and manage project budgets.
- Required to attend at least 3 courses every year as provided by GN academy including any other courses provided by GNTZ or by any other training institution, aiming to develop knowledge and capacity in own work.
- Required to achieve 90% of individual annual targets and project annual targets.
Qualification, experiences and competencies
- Master’s degree in Project Management, Community Development or any other related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in humanitarian/development context preferably with refugees and community.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in management level position.
- In-depth knowledge of best farming practices, agriculture, productive value chains and related areas.
- Demonstrate capacities to establish and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with government officials, local organizations, Co-operatives, communities and other stakeholders.
- Experience in volatile and complex situations.
- Prior experience of living and working in Kigoma is preferable.
- Experience in working with NGO.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- An excellent written and oral command of English and Swahili.
- Strong problem-solving skills, creativity in decision making. Strong leadership, operation and management skills.
- Honesty, integrity, transparency and professionalism.
- Ability to manage a large workload and multiple tasks in limited time period.
- Flexible and adaptability to transitions.
- Self-motivated with strong initiative.
- Report writing skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and work with minimum supervision.
- Competence in Ms Office applications, Ms word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Perform other duties as may be required.
- All interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, please Click here to apply for the position on or before 19th March, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- When applying please attach detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees.
- All applications should be addressed to Country Director, Good Neighbors Tanzania,
P.O. Box 33104, Dar es Salaam.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and email addresses.
- Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.
- Good Neighbors Tanzania has a zero tolerance to any harm or sexual exploitation and abuse against any beneficiaries (or program participants). Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s shared responsibility and all GN employees and partners are required to adhere to GN’s Code of Conduct both during and outside working hours. Familiarization with and adherence to the GN Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all employees and partners, in addition to related mandatory training. All applicants interested to work with GNTZ must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause. Please Click here to access and review GN Safeguarding Policy.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 7th March, 2023.