Social Behavior Change (SBC) Officers at TCDC
- Company: TCDC
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
POSITION TITLE: Social Behavior Change (SBC) Officers
PROJECT NAME: USAID LISHE MTAMBUKA
The USAID Lishe Mtambuka project is a five-year activity funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and is part of both the U.S. Government’s Global Food Strategy 2022-2026, which promotes global food security, resilient, and nutrition, as well as USAID’s global health initiative to prevent maternal and child deaths. The purpose of the Lishe Mtambuka project is to strengthen the health and food market systems that promote the adoption of optimal nutrition-related behaviors across a range of stakeholders in targeted regions in Tanzania. This will be achieved by:
- Increasing the coverage of quality nutrition services at health facilities and the community level;
- Improving water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) services in communities;
- Improving the consumption of safe, nutritious foods; and
- Increasing the capacity of councils to utilize data, plan, budget, and deliver quality nutrition services.
The prime contractor of the Lishe Mtambuka project is Chemonics International, to which TCDC is a subcontractor and a vital partner in implementing the Lishe Mtambuka project. This position is funded under TCDC’s subcontract with Chemonics International.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The SBC Officer will overseeing social and behavior change (SBC) strategies at council-level to ensure that WASH and nutrition related behaviors are improving.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Liaise with the multi-sectoral departments at regional and district level particularly to plan and implement community level SBC activities in support of nutrition and WASH objectives.
- Participate in adaptation and designing of SBC messages related to WASH and nutrition behaviors.
- Overseeing implementation of community level WASH and Nutrition SBC activities in the districts.
- Work with multi-sectoral district government staff, community leaders, CHWs, CLTs, model farmers to implement SBC strategies reaching key nutrition and WASH target audiences.
- Build capacity of CHWs, CLTS and model farmers through training, orientation, coaching and supportive supervision to enhance their skills in promoting nutrition and WASH related behaviours and create demand for Nutrition, Agriculture and WASH products and services.
- Coordinate implementation of WASH and nutrition interpersonal communication, mass media, social media and mid media activities at regional and district level.
- Liaise with multi-sectoral departments to ensure mutual collaboration between Councils/districts and the project SBC activities.
- Gather feedback on implementation of SBC activities in the districts and provide technical support to improve WASH and Nutrition SBC activities.
- Coordinate monitoring and evaluation of SBC activities in districts including SBC routine data collection, reporting, supportive supervisions and present findings to regional and districts multi-sectoral stakeholders.
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative research results from internal and external sources for better programming and implementation of SBC activities in the region.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisors
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Social Work, Public Health, Human Nutrition, Agriculture, Environment health or other related fields
- Five years (5) of experience in planning and implementing social and behavior change (SBC) intervention in Tanzania
- Five years (5) experience in planning and implementation of nutrition and WASH programs at the regional and council level.
- Track record of building strong client and stakeholder relationships
- Ability to identify and understand issues and opportunities, validate, compile and analyse data from different sources, use data for developing innovative SBC solutions in work situations
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with staff, implementing and cooperating partners, and relevant NGOs and government agencies often under demanding/busy circumstances
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal skills and should communicate satisfactorily in written and oral Swahili and English
- Ability to develop well-written reports
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and the ability to learn to use various information systems
- Willingness to be based in any region and travel to remote rural locations.
The SBC Officer position is located in the Lishe Mtambuka regional office in Njombe, Songwe, Rukwa, Katavi and Kigoma in Tanzania. Extensive travel within the region to ensure effective project implementation is required.
Method of Application
- If you meet the criteria given and are interested in the positions, please send an application letter and updated CV combined as one PDF document. Include three referees.
- All applications should be sent through email at: [email protected]
- The subject on your Application should be the position you are applying for and region .The closing date of applications will be Friday 22nd December 2023; 11:30hrs.
- Direct application through other emails or hand delivery will not be accepted.
- TCDC doesn’t require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of recruitment and selection process.
- TCDC is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation in any employment decisions.
- TCDC regrets that only short listed candidates will be contacted.