Social Behavior Change Communication Specialist (SBCC) at Tetra Tech International
- Company: Tetra Tech International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Tetra Tech seeks experienced candidates for the following positions:
Social Behavior Change Communication Specialist (SBCC) (1 Post based in Iringa
The SBCC Specialist will be an integral part of a multi-person component team on a USAID funded development activity to increase access to sustainable WASH services managed by the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency (RUWASA) and urban water supply and sanitation authorities (UWSSAs), and will be responsible for developing and supporting efforts around behavior change strategies and communications to ensure that hygiene and sanitation behaviors are improving, and communities achieve access to sanitation and open defecation free (ODF) status. Designs behavioral change and marketing interventions and supports WASH enterprises in engaging with their own SBCC messaging in collaboration with the Marketing and Business Development Specialists. The candidate will facilitate capacity development tailored to women and youth groups and will analyze & recommend collaborative partnerships to engage social media and innovative SBCC strategies as well as provide on-going mentoring and training for local partners and SMEs. This position will report to the Sanitation and Hygiene Market specialist and will be based in Iringa town with travel to activity districts in Rukwa, Njombe, Iringa, and Morogoro regions.
Education: University degree, preferably at Masters’ level, in social sciences, communications, psychology or a related discipline.
Professional Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in Social and Behavior Change and Communication (SBCC). Experience working in the water and sanitation sector on donor-funded projects, especially with Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) is preferable.
- Must be computer literate (in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team. Must also be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Professional fluency in English and Swahili is required for verbal and written communication.
- Experience delivering services in Tanzania, working successfully within a team environment;
- Please note: Only Tanzanian citizens are eligible for this position.
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls will be accepted about these positions. Deadline for submission of applications is September 28,2021.
Method of ApplicationTo apply through [email protected] with a cover letter and current curriculum vitae (CV) in reverse chronological order format. Please list the title of the position in the email subject line.
Closing Date : 28th September , 2021.