Social and Behavior Change (SBC) Technical Lead at Abt Associates
- Company: Abt Associates
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Solving the world’s most pressing issues and improving the quality of life for people worldwide is what we do every day at Abt Associates. Creating a more equitable world is no small task, but we are driven by big challenges.
We are a team of 3,000+ people in over 50 countries working in unison and focused on the bigger picture. Only by sharing our commitment, energy, and innovation do we affect change and push the boundaries of what’s possible. We welcome diverse ideas, backgrounds, and viewpoints – joining Abt means access to exceptional thinkers at the top of their game.
To thrive at Abt is to embrace flexibility and collaboration. Our open culture allows you to balance your work and personal life as needed to optimize personal well-being. Creating a more equitable world starts from within – we look after people around the world, and we’ll do the same for you.
Ready to embrace rewarding and meaningful work? Now’s your chance.
Abt Associates is preparing for an upcoming USAID-funded Malaria Vector Control Activity in Tanzania. The project will identify and implement proven, evidence-based vector control approaches in Tanzania, in support of reducing the overall malaria burden, and moving Tanzania closer to malaria elimination.
The Social and Behavior Change (SBC) Technical Lead will work closely with the program team, under the leadership of the DCOP/Technical Director to design, implement, and evaluate SBC strategies and ensure integration of SBC in program activities across all levels of the project.
- Oversee the design and implementation of evidence-based, SBC interventions that will lead to positive social and behavior change.
- Ensure SBC efforts are evidence-based, community-driven, and in line with provisions of the award. Lead design of related tools, media, and materials.
- Lead the design and implementation of participatory formative research to shape the project’s overall SBC approach.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities, including any baseline, end-line, or other activities related to SBC and ensure SBC is integrated into project M&E systems.
- Actively engage in networks and forums to support the GoT and a diverse set of partners related to SBC.
- Supervise and oversee the work of SBC and CLA advisors and specialists.
- Identify successful practices in the project that can be showcased in publications, communication materials, and conferences and support their development.
- Maintain diplomatic and high-quality interactions and clear and consistent communications internally and with partners.
What We Value
- Bachelor’s Degree + Nine years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Seven years of relevant experience, or PhD + Four years of relevant experience
- Master’s Degree in behavior or social sciences, development communications, media/broadcasting, public health/health administration (or other relevant health specialization)
- At least 8 years of relevant experience designing and implementing social, and behavior change programs to achieve health outcomes, at least 5 of the 8 years on USAID-funded projects.
- Strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Experience applying a range of SBC approaches, including CLA, social marketing and nudges.
- Experience overseeing and building capacity in SBC internally and externally.
- Experience implementing prior projects in Tanzania and deep knowledge of geo-political, ethnic, cultural, and other factors affecting programming in Tanzania and the region is required.
- Fluency in English required, Swahili desirable.
What We Offer
We foster an environment where you can Thrive Your Way. Our innovative total rewards programs are designed to help balance your work and personal life. The approach toward your wellbeing centers around comprehensive benefits and professional development.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Abt is committed to creating a safe and inclusive work environment. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate background checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Abt Associates also participates in the Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th November, 2023.