Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) Officer at SEMA
- Company: SEMA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Singida Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
SUSTAINABLE ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT ACTION (SEMA)
SEMA is a non-government organization which set out to fight poverty through improving Health, Inclusive and quality Education, WASH services, Good Governance and Leadership, Institutional development, Climate, Agriculture, Environmental Management and Conservation in rural areas of poor and marginalized communities.
SEMA has been awarded by Jhpiego Tanzania to implement the USAID Afya Yangu – Reproductive Maternal Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) which aims to increase the demand for and the use of quality integrated RMNCAH services particularly by women and youth leading to improved health outcomes in Kondoa district (Dodoma region)
SEMA is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, highly competent candidates with exemplary ethical conduct to join USAID Afya Yangu – RMNCAH project.
Job title: Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) officer – 1 position.
Employment type: Full Time
Report to: Program Manager
Location: Kondoa District, Dodoma.
Adolescent sexual and reproductive health refers to the physical and emotional wellbeing of adolescents and includes their ability to remain free from unwanted pregnancy, unsafe abortion and all forms of sexual violence and coercion. Furthermore, pregnancy during adolescence is associated with higher risk of health problems like anemia, sexually transmitted infections, unsafe abortion, postpartum hemorrhage, and mental disorders (like depression). Pregnant adolescents also bear negative social consequences and often have to leave school reducing their employability leading to long-term economic implications. Unmet needs for family planning especially for spacing are high among adolescents.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day technical assistance, follow ups and supervisions as well as capacity strengthening to community volunteers on Reproductive Maternal Newborn, Child, and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) initiatives that are aligned with donor priorities and
- Support the development of SBCC strategies, materials, approaches, and tools that ensure RMNCAH related
- Represent SEMA in relevant external meetings and events, which may include delivering technical presentations, networking, relationship building, and initiating and follow through with opportunities for
- Work with senior and other staff to facilitate Reproductive Maternal Newborn, Child, and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) meetings, trainings, and workshops, including the creation of agendas, curricula, manuals, and materials, as
- Support community volunteers to appreciate RMNCAH issues and integrate these into their activities in order to widen
- Contribute towards monthly and quarterly reporting, work plan development, and budgeting.
- Work closely with the monitoring and evaluation team to harmonize and streamline collection and use of data for RMNCAH program activities and learning, routinely review performance data, and initiate adaptations to program management and
- Work closely with finance and administrative staff to ensure timely and compliant
- Maintain frequent, open, and ongoing communication with project team members in all locations (offsite and at headquarters).
- Adhere to SEMA and donor rules, regulations, and
- Assist with other activities as directed by the
- Perform any other necessary tasks that may be required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in health, Social Science, and other relevant qualifications (Sociology, public health, community development) or community engagement and demand creation.
- At least 2-5 years of experience implementing Social Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) interventions, demand creation interventions, particularly in combination with Reproductive Maternal Newborn, Child, and Adolescent Health
- Applicant must not be more than 45 years age.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation, and coaching.
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks, and responsibilities.
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
Method of ApplicationPlease indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, academic certificates, and a cover letter (with the address given below).
APPLICATIONS, WHICH DO NOT INCLUDE ALL OF THESE ELEMENTS, WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Sustainable Environment Management Action
23 BR. TUMUA
P.O. Box 365,
43101, Singida, Tanzania.
All applications should be sent through email: [email protected] Electronics applications are highly encouraged. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is Thursday 16th October 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
SEMA is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Note: We DO NOT charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you will receive an official call/ mail from our office and be informed of the next steps.