Snr Data Mgt Associate at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Company: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Senior Data Management Associate
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The position is supervised by a professional staff member who provides the incumbent with general guidance and workplans. The incumbent works independently with an oversight from the supervisor. The position directly supervises some support staff.
Contracts are mainly with the colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and to discuss the work plans. External contacts are with the national and local authorities for gathering and exchange of data.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
– Monitor the regular data entry activities and verify accuracy and relevance of data on a regular basis.
– Prepare regular database back-ups.
– Coordinate the data transfer of refugee records amongst camps.
– May be required to collect GIS data, update maps and undertake field trips to project sites.
– Ensure that the data which are mainly related to asylum seekers, refugees and persons of concern to UNHCR are correctly entered into the computer databases.
– Develop and run the required reports from the databases used in the operation including ProGress database and assist in analysis/interpretation of data to identify patterns/trends.
– Compile data and interpret the statistics for various reports.
– Develop forms and tools for data collection and analysis.
– Identify knowledge and hardware gaps of the operation in relation to all aspects of data management.
– Decide on data recorded in the database.
– Decide on appropriate resolution to incidents.
– Escalate issues to supervisor if the incident cannot be resolved within area of responsibility.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G7 – 4 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Information Technology Electronic Data Processing
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
– Microsoft SQL Server (2005 or later) Certification.
– Knowledge of Microsoft Access.
– Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specified training relevant to the functions of the position.
– Previous experience working with UN/UNHCR.
DM-Data collection methodologies
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Desired Candidate Profile
Required languages (expected Overall ability is at least B2 level):
Occupational Safety and Health Considerations:
Nature of Position:
Living and Working Conditions:
DM-Database Management, DM-Data collection methodologies, DM-Data Management, IT-Computer Literacy
Electronic Data Processing – Other, Information Technology – Other
Accountability, Analytical thinking, Client & results orientation, Commitment to continuous learning, Communication, Managing resource, Organizational awareness, Planning & organizing, Teamwork & collaboration, Technological awareness
UNHCR Salary Calculator
This position doesn’t require a functional clearance
Job Posting End Date February 7, 2023
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th February, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE