7 Feb 2024
SME – Senior Manager at Bank of Africa
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Bank of Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Reports to: Head of Retail Banking
Department: Commercial Banking
- Develop, expand and maintain a portfolio of SME and Mortgage clients for the bank, to achieve set budgets within overall bank objectives.
- Managing and maintaining the entire Bank of Africa’s SME portfolio of all branches in numbers and value.
- Monitors risk and ensures debt collection
- Improve and updates customer & prospect database
- Overall SME portfolio in charge, managing and maintaining the entire Bank of Africa’s SME portfolio of over all branches.
- Assessing portfolio at risk, minimizing NPA and maintaining the quality SME portfolio.
- Recruiting new SME Clients for both assets and liability portfolios.
- Minimize non-performing assets by proactively following up according to the bank’s credit policies and procedures up on unpaid arrears and excesses.
- Managing and guiding all SME Relationship Managers and the banks Relationship Officers to ensure a sound SME portfolio is maintained at the bank.
- Receiving, Appraising and recommending all SME proposals to Head of Retail/DMD Business Analysis Unit.
- Work hand on hand with SME Relationship Managers on growing and maintaining SME portfolio.
- Managing defaulting facilities and determining appropriate workout strategies to minimize loss, including proposals for restructuring exposure as appropriate for approval.
- Writing weekly sales performance and business pipeline reports across all product ranges in SME.
- Plan for sales activities on a weekly basis and make visits to targeted customers & prospects in line with BOA Sales practices and guidelines and ensures a optimized transformation rate ( Strike rate).
- Prepare a weekly report based on the sales activities, analyzing with SME Manager the achievements and planning for corrective actions in case of variances.
- Monitoring the overstepping reports and advising accordingly.
- Monitoring risk and debt collection.
- Manage a portfolio of SME and Mortgage customers, focusing on increasing product penetration, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Develop, maintain and expand relationships with SME AND Mortgage customers, with an aim of attaining good quality asset book.
- Ensure compliance with credit and regulatory guidelines.
- Collects, processes and follow up complaints and proposes solutions.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by Line Manager.
Technical Know How:
- Management skills
- Excellent customer service capabilities
- Negotiations and conflicts resolution skills
- Documentation and process management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Decision making skills
- Sufficient knowledge and understanding of the market
- Team building & conflict management
- Knowledge on credit risk and process
- Knowledge of all relevant banking policies, process, procedures, prudential guidelines and guidance to consistently achieve required compliance standard or benchmark
- Interpret, analyze and evaluate data received from multiple source of information
- Excellent planning, organization and execution skills
- Product knowledge
- Customer care skills
- Planning, organization and execution skills
Competences, Knowledge & Experience:
- University degree in either Business Administration Commerce, Finance, Economics, Marketing or relevant fields.
- Not less than 4 years of experience in Sales, Marketing or any financial Institution
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent selling and networking skills
- Management Skills.
- Presentation Skills.
- Good negotiation skills
- Good team player
- Excellent customer service skills
- High level of innovativeness and creativity
- Positive and flexible attitude towards change and competition
- Out-going, self-motivated, assertive and proactive
- Good Presentation and decision making skills
Method of ApplicationAll the applicants should submit their application letter, CV and Certificates not later than 12th February 2024 to email: [email protected]
THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
BANK OF AFRICA – TANZANIA
NDC DEVELOPMENT HOUSE
OHIO / KIVUKONI STREET
P.O Box 3054
DAR ES SALAAM
NOTE: We shall communicate to only successful candidates who will meet all the requirements above.