7 Feb 2024
SME – Manager at Bank of Africa
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Bank of Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Reports to: Head of Retail
Department: Commercial Banking
- Ensure that SME business operations at head office and at branch network are conducted effectively and efficiently.
- Monitor SME risk and ensure quality SME portfolio are maintained
- Play a role of interface between the branch network and all head office departments/ units
- Responsible to receive, appraising and recommend credit applications from branch network to HOR for further recommendations and approval.
- Responsible to follow up with branches and other head office department/ units to ensure that all approved files are timely disbursed as per agreed SME’s TAT and SLA to meet customer need on time.
- Responsible to accurate compile client’s executed documents and submission to credit control for final review before forwarding the file to credit admin for booking to proceed.
- Responsible to assess portfolio at risk of the entire branch network and ensure you attend all anomalies meetings including but not limited to credit risk and sensitive meeting
- Responsible to ensure that SME TAT is strictly adhered by all department/ units involved in credit process.
- Act as a link between branch network and all HQ departments/ units to ensure that smooth SME business operation are conducted. This includes timely seeking for HQ approval on behalf of the branches to avoid delays and complains.
- Preparations of all SME reports and any other report as may be required by various stakeholders.
- Ensure that SME RMs prepare comprehensive credit Memo, visit report on credit analysis system to avoid files returned for review to branches that affect agreed TAT.
- Ensures all SME files presented from branches are in compliant manner and adheres to relevant regulatory requirements.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
Technical Know How:
- Supervisory skills
- Excellent customer service capabilities
- Negotiations and conflicts resolution skills
- Documentation and process management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Decision making skills
- Sufficient knowledge and understanding of the market
- Knowledge on credit risk and process
- Knowledge of all relevant banking policies, process, procedures, prudential guidelines and guidance to consistently achieve required compliance standard or benchmark
- Interpret, analyze and evaluate data received from multiple source of information
- Excellent planning, organization and execution skills
- Product knowledge
Competences, Knowledge & Experience:
- A University degree in Insurance and Risk Management, Finance, or any related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Banking or a Financial Institution.
- A post graduate in related field is an added advantage
- Ability to manage and control multiple projects
- Good understanding of Banking Operations and Products
- Should be proficient in Microsoft desktop products and mostly excel
Method of ApplicationAll the applicants should submit their application letter, CV and Certificates not later than 09th February 2024 to email: [email protected]
THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
BANK OF AFRICA – TANZANIA
NDC DEVELOPMENT HOUSE
OHIO / KIVUKONI STREET
P.O Box 3054
DAR ES SALAAM
NOTE: We shall communicate to only successful candidates who will meet all the requirements above.