Site Supervisor-Building Technician at Enabel
- Company: Enabel
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Sustainable Agriculture Kigoma Region Project (SAKiRP) is an agribusiness and value chain development project funded by the Belgian government through its implementing agency, Enabel. . The project’s specific objective is to increase and diversify smallholder farmer incomes in Kigoma region, especially for women, through pro-poor development of beans, cassava and sunflower value chains. The project aims to reach 20.000 smallholder farmers during the four-year implementation period.
The project has the following mutually reinforcing results:
• Value chains management and coordination mechanisms are installed and steer cassava and beans value chain development ;
• Sound financial mechanisms are developed, and financial organisations are strengthened to support value chains development ;
• Public and private chain supporters provide effective services to value chains actors ;
• Stronger position of smallholders in the value chain through improved integration and empowerment ;
• Improved market access and sustainable trade.
The construction of bridges is an important component to improve access from farm to agricultural markets. The plan is to construct 70 bridges by the end of the project. Stone arch bridge technology is used to make maximum use of locally available resources. The construction of rural storage facilities will be included upon local demand. The bridge component is currently scaled up. The project also supports the construction of warehouses for agricultural marketing cooperative societies in order to facilitate the aggregation of crops and more efficient commodity trading. For the expansion of the construction sites, an additional site supervisor will be employed and join the existing team
Under the hierarchical authority of the Project Manager the site supervisor – building technician manages small purchases and is responsible for the logistical aspects such as the operational management of buildings and equipment, transportation of goods, exemptions..
As site supervisor – building technician :
• You are responsable for basic administration of the bridge and warehouse construction projets (supervision works, site reports, measurements for payments).
• You are responsable for regular site inspection with emphasis on quality assurance, meeting building / safety standards, respecting construction schedules and budgets.
• You are responsable for Planning of the construction works for stone arch bridges and warehouses.
• You ensure that bottlenecks for an efficient implementation of the works are overcome swiftly.
• You facilitate the supply of building materials in collaboration with the logistical department
• You liaise with TARURA for the certification and payments of craftsmen and contractors
• You liaise with AMCOS leadership for the quality control of warehouse construction
• You liaise with the village governments and district councils for the mobilisation of local building materials so that time lines and the local contribution are respected.
Required qualifications and experience
• Tanzanian national
• Bachelor degree in civil Engineering or equivalent from a recognized academic institution; Minimum 3 years of experience in quality control of craftsmen and contractors
Required skills and knowledge
• High awareness of construction quality standards and attention to technical details.
• Motorcycle driving license and experience. This is a hands-on position that requires daily travelling by motorcycle to the building sites.
• Information Technology literacy .,
• Good knowledge of Computer software (MS word, MS Excel etc.)
• Smart phone literate for transmitting pictures,
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). e.g data and communication via WhatsApp.
• Ability to use AutoCAD is an added advantage.
Applicants are also required to commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values
We offer you
• An interesting job in an international environment.
• A contract of 12 months. You are based in Kigoma. Occasional missions to the site in Kigoma region where the project is implemented.
• A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 4), hospitalization/healthcare insurance, 13th month, holiday allowance and Reallocation allowance.
Following this recruitment procedure a shortlist of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings.
Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. Recruitment is solely on the basis of capacity.
Are you interested?
Apply at https://jobs.enabel.be/ at latest by 12/03/2022 and include your application letter and updated CV with three (3) references (including reference of last employer) and Copies of academic & professional qualifications.
If you have any further questions, please send an e-mail to [email protected] .We thank you in advance for your interest in our company.
Only applications submitted via the above link will be considered.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th March, 2022.