Site Coordinator x2 at Tanzanian Diabetes Association (TDA)
- Company: Tanzanian Diabetes Association (TDA)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Tanzanian Diabetes Association (TDA) is a nationally recognized leader on diabetes policy and practice, a convener of the community movement, a partner to including foundations, government, and an advocate for people at risk of or living with diabetes including type 1 diabetes.
TDA in partnership with the University of Pittsburg and Life for A Child (LFAC) are looking forward to conducting a clinical trial to determine whether insulin glargine reduces the risk of serious hypoglycemia or improves Time in Range over 3-6 months when compared against standard of care human insulin (e.g. NPH or premixed 70/30) among youth living with type 1 diabetes (T1D) in low resource settings (HumAn-1 Trial). This is a two year project to be implemented between 2022-2024.
Therefore, TDA is calling for qualified candidates to apply for the following positions:
Position title: Site Coordinator (2 positions)
Reports to: Project Manager/Overall Study Coordinator
Location: Sekou Toure Hospital and Bugando Medical Center, Mwanza City
Contract: Full time, 1 years, renewable.
- Bachelor degree or Master’s degree in a healthcare related field with substantial subject matter related expertise (e.g. physician, diabetes educator).
- Have experience or training in the management of type 1 diabetes.
- Proven interpersonal skills in working effectively as a member of a team and independently.
- Possess research experience in healthcare
- Complete human subjects research training requirement(s).
- Registered by professional body (MCT, TNMC) and possess a valid practicing license.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Willing to work and reside in Mwanza for the project period 0 Familiar with Tanzanian contexts
- Good computer literacy 0 Minimal financial skills
- The Coordinator will be familiar with all study/trial procedures occurring at the local site.
- Report directly to the site Project Manager/Overall coordinator and local Co-PI.
- Manage and supervise the Research Assistant(s).
- Ensure patient safety (e.g. be able to connect participants with appropriate and immediate medical care in case of serious adverse events or emergencies).
- Ensure that participant data is stored securely.
- Serve as the first point of contact for potential adverse events. 0 Assist in the preparation of monthly or quarterly trial reports (e.g. recruitment, CGM our outcome measures, protocol deviations/violations, adverse events)
- Work closely with site liaison personnel, local PI and overall trial coordinator and ensure study-specific SOPs are complete and are updated regularly.
- Ensure study equipment and store are available at the site
- Participate and give updates in physical and virtual meetings with regard to implementation of the study at the site.
- Maintain a close professional relationship with the government officials in the study area.
- Work with the study coordinator and PI to ensure that the study-specific SOPs are complete and are updated regularly.
- Work in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability and integrity.
- Ensure the study is done according to the working protocol and adherence to the ICH Guidelines of Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Assist with recruitment and obtaining consent from participants
- Secretary to the site study implementation committee meetings, take minutes and disseminate accordingly and timely.
- Perform any other activities as may be assigned
Competitive salary shall be offered to qualified candidates
Method of ApplicationIf interested, please apply by sending a CV, over letter one page maximum and contact details of 3 references in English to [email protected] by the 18th of November, 2022; 1600 hours EAT. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Only applications submitted via e-mail shall be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.