Shotcrete Expert at North Mara Gold Mine Limited
- Company: North Mara Gold Mine Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Shotcrete Expert to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Underground Mining are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Mining Shift Supervisor
- Maintain records of mining/batching operations
- Monitor movements of underground equipment
- Coordinate activities and instruct personnel on the correct shotcrete rig operation and maintenance.
- Assist FFL to co-ordinate shotcrete activity throughout the shift.
- Train operators in the operation, use and maintenance of full mechanized NORMET shotcrete rigs.
- Ensure compliance to shotcreting QAQC through the use of Round Determinant Panels (RDPs), Ultimate Compressive Strength (UCS) and beam testing. · Monitor and ensure compliance with penetrometer testing post spraying.
- Maintain rigs post utilisation to ensure a high level of availability.
- Improve and streamline shotcrete batching processes
- Facilitate not only training in Spraymec operation, but batching and Agi operation also
- Safe and Effective Compliance to daily Pre Start equipment inspections and Operation
- Perform Field Level Risk Assessments and Entry Examinations at the work areas and ensure the health and safety of team members, visitors and contractors at the working area.
- High level of experience with Normet Spraymecs
- Experience in shotcrete batching processes and Agi operation.
- 5 years’ experience in Underground Mechanised Shotcreting
- 3 years’ experience in Supervisors / Trainers capacity
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge and exposure to developing, implementing and maintaining a QAQC program for shotcreting.
- Working knowledge and exposure to Normet Spraymecs
- Exposure to industry best practices in mechanised shotcreting, utilisation of a Normet Spreymec in a rapid development, in-cycle capacity is highly desirable.
- Ability to work and prioritise in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a team leader
- Strong knowledge of risk management and problem-solving techniques
- Extensive understanding of Underground Mining operations
- Ability to provide quality verbal communication and written reports
- Facilitate knowledge transfer of skill set required to operate and maintain a fully mechanised shotcrete machine
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Method of Application
|Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “SHORTCRETE EXPERT” in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
|If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 15th May 2021
|BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com|