30 Dec 2021
Shelter Team Leader Tanzania Nduta at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kibondo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Management of Shelter and Infrastructures staff
- Implement plan of action for delegated portfolio of Shelter projects (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Day to day follow of progress in project implementation
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies and Shelters tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents (internal and donor reporting requirements)
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local authorities and stakeholders
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Manage and monitor assigned sections of the budget in according to Financial Handbook and donor requirements.
- Document project achievements and deliverables
- Secure supporting documentation and fill in the Reconciliation of Deliverables in line with NRC TZ SOP
- Ensure high technical quality in the implementation of Shelter and Infrastructure projects
- Maintain transparency of implementation progress
- Support integrated programming, and integrate gender, protection and advocacy priorities into Shelter programme design.
- These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance. professional competencies:
- Bachelor degree in engineering /architecture and any related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ of experience from a mid-management level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal .
- Knowledge of refugee camps in Tanzania.
- Background in engineering or architecture;
- Experience of working with UNHCR.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th January , 2022.