Shelter And Infrastructure Officer at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Company: Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kibondo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated shelter project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Contribute to organization learning through the provision specific technical analysis, lessons learned and report
- Support Project Team leader in formulation of project work plans and provides quality and timely reports to the Project Team leader on projects progress.
- Participates in projects reviews with beneficiaries, NRC staff and other implementing partners.
- Develops a contingency response plan for any unforeseen emergencies and any unpredictable change of weather when called upon.
- Participates actively in proposal and budget developments.
- Oversees community mobilization for all activities related to the provision of infrastracture
- Oversees effective implementation of construction activities to include supervision and monitoring roads construction/maintenance, construction/maintenance of building facilities and ensuring tasks are completed correctly and on schedule.
- Develops training material for mud brick production, masonry and carpentry works.
- Oversees the production of trusses, doors and windows in the NRC carpentry workshop
- Supervises and monitors distribution of shelter construction materials and take account of the vulnerabilities of the various groups identified in relation to active participation in the construction process.
- Takes lead in conducting facilities assessments and continuous gap identification and analysis.
- Develop technical specifications for materials and construction activities in coordination with Project Team leader.
- Under the supervision of the Project team leader, initiate the drafts of technical drawings; develop Bill of Quantity and technical specification notes for shelter and other Construction projects.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with local authorities, local communities, local committees and partners as well as with all stakeholders in NRC area of intervention.
- Preparation of bill of quantities as requested from time to time.
- Preparation of completion certificates to facilitate payment of work done by contractors /incentive workers.
- Represents NRC in relevant meetings( CCCM, Town Hall Meetings, SWG meetings, Zone Leader meetings)
- Monitors allocated budget to avoid overspending /underspending.
- Ensures that HR processes are properly done for each of the staff (Shelter Assistants / Refugee community workers).
- Recruits, trains, and manages incentive workers (community mobilizers, quality monitors, construction workers).
- Supervises and develops the capacity of shelter and infrastructure technical assistants/refugee community workers implementing shelter construction activities.
- Develops work plan for each staff and measures their performance along the implementation period.
- Takes account of gender, protection, HIV, the environment, and other important cross-cutting concerns in programme design, implementation, and reporting; carry out activities in a way that reflects the needs of specific groups and individuals e.g. elderly people, minority groups, children, and people with disabilities.
- Prepares Purchase requisitions (PRs) and follow up on timely procurement of materials, tools and services.
- Any other activities that you will be assigned.
- Investigate and facilitate introduction of new technology, methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities.
- Degree/Diploma in field related to Civil engineering, Architecture, site planning
- Proven practical experience in the planning and execution of shelter / construction projects for at least 3 years. Possibly experience in humanitarian assistance
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, oral and written
- Be able to use a wide variety of software, including Word, Excel and Power Point, arch Card and Autocard
- Participate in appropriate professional development of project portfolio
- At all times in and outside work adhere to NRC Code of Conduct
- Ability to initiate, develop, plan and implement an integrated programme.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information.
- Experience in capacity building and training of staff and target groups
- Political and cultural awareness
- Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities.
- Understanding of humanitarian standards
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged populations (minority groups, PSN etc)
- Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity issues into Shelter Programming
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
Duration and type of contract: 12 months with possibility of extension subject to funding availability
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th February , 2022.