Serviceman at North Mara Gold Mine
- Company: North Mara Gold Mine
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit Serviceman to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
About North Mara
The North Mara gold mine is located in north-west Tanzania in the Tarime district of the Mara region. It is around 100 kilometres east of Lake Victoria and 20 kilometres south of the Kenyan border.
North Mara started commercial production in 2002. The mine is a combined open pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground) and Nyabirama (open pit).
- Conduct pre-start checks, and assist the driller with rig checks.
- Conduct down hole equipment checks throughout the shift.
- Maintain trailer stock levels ensuring that the supervisor is kept up-to-date with incomings and outgoings.
- Housekeeping of all equipment ensuring it is of the highest of standards with cleanliness to all work spaces a priority
- Ensure practices are followed to enable the site to remain free of hazards,
- Identify potential hazards and communicate immediately to the driller or supervisor
- Participates in a toolbox meeting and present any safety issues/ violations noted or seen
- At all times be fully alert on the changing conditions at the shift especially which compromise safety and reports such conditions timely to the supervisor
- Listens, understands and follows work instructions from the supervisor.
- Handing core – removing from tube, placing in core boxes and labelling box
- Ordinary secondary school education.
- Heavy Mobile equipment operation /Offsider/ Spotter skills.
- Mines Health & Safety Act Awareness.
Experience and Competencies needed
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar industry
- Experience in machine operation in any large underground mining operation
- Driving Ability with valid driving license
- Understanding of basic Mines Health & Safety Act
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
The company’s shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th May, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE