Serviceman at Barrick
- Company: Barrick
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
The Barrick North Mara Team is seeking to recruit a SERVICEMAN to join and grow our team.
Join our exceptional team and embody Barrick’s core values as you work with us. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
- Committing to Zero Harm
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
If you’re ready to contribute to our world-class team while embracing these values, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our diverse workforce.
- Conduct pre-start checks and assist the driller with rig checks.
- Conduct down hole equipment checks throughout the shift.
- Maintain trailer stock levels ensuring that the supervisor is kept up to date with incomings and outgoings.
- Housekeeping of all equipment ensuring it is of the highest of standards with cleanliness to all workspaces a priority.
- Ensure practices are followed to enable the site to remain free of hazards,
- Identify potential hazards and communicate immediately to the driller or supervisor.
- Participates in a toolbox meeting and present any safety issues/ violations noted or seen.
- At all times be fully alert on the changing conditions at the shift especially which compromise safety and reports such conditions timely to the supervisor
- Listens, understands and follows work instructions from the supervisor.
- Handing core – removing from tube, placing in core boxes and labelling box.
- Ordinary secondary school education.
- Heavy Mobile equipment operation /Offsider/ Spotter skills.
- Mines Health & Safety Act Awareness.
Experience and competencies needed.
- Understanding of basic Mines Health & Safety Act
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment
- Driving Ability with valid driving license
- Minimum 2 Years experience in a similar industry
- Experience in machine operation in any large underground mining operation.
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th January, 2024.