Service Crew at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania - Geita Gold Mining Ltd Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Service Crew
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Underground Mining
Reporting to: Supervisor – Underground Mining
Number of Positions: Three (03)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To install underground services such as Air lines, water lines, dewatering lines, secondary ventilation fans and vent ducting; Extend Jumbo and pump cables, firing lines and electrical cables.
- Certificate of Secondary School Education.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- 2-3 years of operational experience in UG Mining environment.
- Experience of operating underground utility vehicles.
- Erection of Underground Civil Projects.
MA MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Learn and follow the Safety requirements related to your work.
- Consider what could go wrong and what needs to be done to work safely before starting a task.
- Report to Supervisor if a task cannot be done safely
- Utilize Take 5 tool to identify Hazard at the workplace.
- Suggest ways to improve Safety performance.
- Promptly report all injuries, damages, or incidents.
- Help others to work safely.
Installation of Services underground – Air, water, and dewatering lines:
- Stretch Poly to make it straight and tow to required location.
- Install, connect, and hang poly pipes on the J-triple hook hangers secured with chain and shackles.
- Install air droppers lifted at least 1.5m above the ground level,
- Blow pipes to free dirt inside pipes before connecting Headers on.
- Headers properly chained to the wall via an eye bolt or on the spilt set plate with shackles.
- Installation of Secondary ventilation.
- Install fan at correct location as per approved Installation plan.
- Install and tight by attaching to rock bolt with shackles a plastic-coated steel knocker line.
- Hang and Extend ventilation bags to at least 20m from the face.
Working with electrical submissible pumps underground:
- Set the pump in the sump or in decline to pump out water.
- Hang and support the pump cable clear off the floor.
- Check the pump in the sumps and report any defect noted.
Cleaning of Mono Pumps:
- Open the drain valve to release mud ad dirt water.
- Hosing with mine pressurized water in the mono tank.
- Cleaning steel step ladders and landing platform.
- Inspect all connection on the pipes and on mono tank.
Installing, Grouting and Tensioning of Cable bolts:
- Inspect, prepare equipment, tools and materials required for the job.
- Uncoil cable bolts, attach breather tubes, and transport them to working area.
- Safely insert cables into the holes and seal hole collar.
- Prepare Cement grout mix and grout the cables/holes to standard.
- Perform general housekeeping after the work is completed.
- After grout is set and hardened, apply Tension on the Cable bolt as per required Geotechnical standard.
Hanging and retrieving electrical cables:
- Hang cables on the backs, suspended on the hooks and separated from services
- Position cables and back-to-back connections to location where it cannot be damaged.
- Hang Jumbo Trail cables on L-pins and install Trail Cable sign on the ground.
- Rolling to inside an I.T Basket when retrieving cables.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Valid Tanzanian Driving License.
- Valid Blasting License (Supplementary)
- Thorough understanding and application of Job Safety Analysis Tool.
- Trained and competent to operate an Integrated Tool Carrier (I.T machine)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 5th October, 2022.