Senior Trainer at TICGL
- Company: TICGL
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
TERFORUM is the TICGL independent Platform committed to improving and analysis of International affairs of the state by engaging on business, political , Economy , Social, Technology and Legal to shape global, and regional agendas.
TERFORUM and TICGL is currently seeking to fill the position of Part-time Senior Trainer. Reporting to the Head of Planning and Economy, the Senior trainer will be responsible for the management MASTER CLASS TRAINING PROGRAMS-2023. The Senior Trainer will be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of our MASTER CLASS training programmes in line with the objectives established in the TERFORUM strategic plan. They will also be actively engaged in building and strengthening partnerships, as well as resource mobilisation. The Senior Trainer will lead a team of professionals and is a member of the TERFORUM senior management team.
Duties and responsibilities
Manage MASTER CLASS training department
- Design leadership development programmes
- Review and integrate leadership development trends, approaches and methodologies to service offering to ensure high-quality programmes.
- Represent the TICGL in the inter-ministerial, clients’ meetings.
- Ensure timely, quality reporting of the department’s activities in line with the Institute’s reporting processes.
Coordinate the activities whilst ensuring quality and relevance
- Facilitate MASTER CLASS training programmes offered by the TERFORUM.
- Lead the coordination of training programmes, including Training-Needs Assessments, identification of instructors/facilitators and quality control of the programmes.
- Prepare training reports and concept notes for further studies and programmes improvement.
- Prepare presentations and speeches for various stakeholders, including specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Benchmark the training programmes offered by the TERFORUM against those offered by similar institutions globally to examine quality and relevance.
- Apply recommendations and data from clients/stakeholders in refining training materials on an annual basis.
- Core competencies
- Leadership – ability to persuade others to follow.
- People management – ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
- Team management – ability to create common vision and well-functioning teams.
- Functional competencies
- Programme management – ability to formulate, implement and monitor leadership training programmes.
- Operational management – ability to develop plans, budgets and concept notes and deliver on them.
- Contract management – ability to manage and oversee outsourced trainers and facilitators.
- Stakeholders management – ability to manage multiple stakeholders and balance often contradictory expectations, building and maintaining relationships.
- Collaboration and partnerships – ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships.
- Analytical skills – ability to understand complex situations, good understanding of executive leadership programmes
- Results-based management – ability to link implementation of plans to achieving results.
- Networking skills – ability to network with public sector leaders in the highest levels, development partners and private sector representatives.
- Writing skills – capacity to tailor and deliver messages in writing in a concise manner.
- Communication – ability to effectively communicate intensions and requirements to internal and external stakeholders.
- Advisory skills – ability to facilitate advisory services.
- Master’s degree in social sciences or relevant field.
- Five(5) years of relevant experience with three(3) years in senior management role(s) related field.
- Proven record of coordinating, facilitating and supervising MASTER CLASS training programmes.
- Solid communication skills and excellent networking skills.
- Fluency in English and Swahili.
- Proven track record of partnership building and resource mobilisation.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should submit their application, comprising of:
- Brief statement on the related or similar work as above.
- Detailed curriculum vitae with contact details for three referees.
TICGL Senior Economist
TICGL-Economic Consulting Group
P.O. Box 8269, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
through Email: [email protected] cc [email protected] with a subject line “Senior Trainer”.
Deadline submission:- 3-November,2022.