Senior Technical Project Manager, Tanzania Country Program at PATH
- Company: PATH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Tracking Code11094Job Description
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is currently recruiting for Senior Technical Project Manager who will support a CDC-funded program titled “Strengthening the Government of Tanzania’s Capacity to Develop, Implement, and Use Digital Health to Achieve HIV/TB Epidemic Control through Interoperable Information Systems, Governance, Quality Improvement, and Workforce Support under PEPFAR”. The project’s goal is to increase the ability of health information systems (HIS) to support high-quality patient-centered services, data quality, and subsequent use at all levels to achieve current and emerging health sector objectives.
The project will work closely with the Government of Tanzania (GOT) and health system stakeholders to organize the building, implementation, and scale-up of Tanzania’s HIS and manage vendors/sub-partners to support the evolution and integration of the national HIS. The project will increase ability of systems to support use of data from linked systems, support patient-centered clinical services, and use of data for monitoring and programmatic decision-making.
The Senior Technical Project Manager will be responsible for overall project management activities of the project. H/she will be responsible for providing technical support to bring about the successful completion of project milestones and objectives per the project work plan and deliverables, in coordination with all project stakeholders and partners. The Senior Technical Project Manager will report to the Project Director. This position is based in Dar-es Salaam, Tanzania.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Develop and manage sustainment project plans that establish scope, timelines, and resource requirements.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Clarify requirements to ensure project execution according to plan. Identify and mitigate project risks.
- Monitor project execution, ensuring accountability and project delivery according to time, scope, budget, and quality.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals
- Provide overall management of project management team
- Coordinate project activities and team across all project components to ensure efficient and effective implementation.
- Map, monitor and manage project critical path and proactively communicate any foreseen impact to project milestone
● Advance degree in Information Technologies, Computing, Information Systems, public health or related subjects.
● Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in digital health/eHealth systems implementation, including project management and deployment, in developing countries.
● Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills including substantial hands-on experience in complex process analysis and system design where scope is relatively undefined.
● Experience in managing complex projects with multiple interlinked components at national scale.
● Experience with creation of functional requirements, prototyping solutions, driving gap analysis sessions, prioritizing scope to build short- and long-term roadmaps for system development/enhancement.
● Experience as key contributor on deliverables of projects that are cross functional and large scale with a long-term roadmap in place.
● Able to create a highly collaborative work environment consisting of both technical and subject matter experts.
● Detailed-oriented with a proven history as a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision.
● Able to present complex technical information to a non-technical audience, with the ability to provide the appropriate level of detail.
● Demonstrate strong analytical writing and communication skills including learning and contributing beyond scope of current assignments and incorporating those learnings into their role.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and oral communication skills in Kiswahili.
Must have legal authorization to work in Tanzania.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, or political ideology.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th November, 2021.