Senior Technical Officer, Maternal and Newborn Health at Jhpiego
- Company: Jhpiego
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Senior Technical Officer will be responsible for overseeing the implementation on the Maternal and Newborn Health thematic area in all districts within the region. S/he will work closely with R/CHMTs to set regional and district priorities. She/he will also work with Cluster Team Lead and Technical Advisors to tailor assistance based on regional and district needs. The person selected for this position will actively participate in regional RMNCAH policy and strategy discussions including planning and progress reviews with other stakeholders, as appropriate.
He/she will play an important role at the regional and district level, demonstrating, and providing technical assistance to strengthen and scale up MNH services, such as ANC, EmONC, essential newborn care, postnatal care and MPDSR. S/he will ensure that Jhpiego’ s programs implement national guidelines and standards in the provision of quality MNH services. She/he will support the regional team in the development of regional quarterly and annual reports on the MNH thematic area.
Job Grade: 9. This position is open to Tanzanians only.
- Provide technical leadership, capacity development, and supervision to R/CHMT and health workers on MNH activities
- Assist in the assessment of clinical training needs of the region and in the design and implementation of appropriate measures to address those needs
- Work with the R/CHMTs to develop, and mentor a pool of mentors and trainers on EmONC, MPDSR, safe surgery, ANC, PNC, and ENC skills
- In collaboration with the R/CHMTs and other partners, strengthen designated health facilities to provide quality EmONC services
- Support R/CHMTs, regional /district trainers and mentors to offer on-the-job training and mentorship to healthcare workers on EmONC, MPDSR, safe surgery, ANC, PNC, and ENC services based on nationally proven approaches
- Support Region, District and health facilities to plan and conduct MPDSR meetings
- Work with the monitoring and evaluation team to monitor the monthly performance of MNH interventions
- Ensure performance and quality improvement approaches in clinical sites as approved by Jhpiego and/or the MOH
- Provide cross-cutting technical guidance to ensure that youth and gender are adequately addressed in all activities
- Develop and facilitate the implementation of a quality assurance model at the regional, district and facility level
- Identify and disseminate best practices and new technical strategies and approaches in areas of expertise
- Ensure implementation of evidence-based clinical training materials and standards, supervisory systems and other approaches
- Provide technical oversight and ensure appropriate support and preparation for training activities
- Provide technical support to program staff to create a linkage between Community Health Workers (CHW) and health facility staff in the program areas and create sustainable mechanisms
- Ensure compliance with USAID and Jhpiego operational policies and regulations, including clinical practices
- Perform other duties as directed by the senior staff
- Advanced Degree in Clinical Medicine and Master in Public Health
- 6 to 7 years of work experience in RMNCAH and Nutrition. Experience working in maternity care is a plus.
- Be an excellent classroom and clinical trainer with at least two years’ experience in clinical training on ANC, PNC, EmONC, MPDSR, and Safe surgery
- Experience working with the private sector/NGOs
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing capacity-building programs for improving RMNCAH service delivery
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in service delivery programs and technical staff in the areas of maternal, and newborn health, and performance and quality improvement
- Experience managing quality assurance
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Self -management is necessary (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability).
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Be cooperative, competent, hardworking, flexible and dependable.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 17th March, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE