Senior Technical Advisor – Quality of MNCH Care at IntraHealth International
- Company: IntraHealth International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Why Join IntraHealth?
IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked for over 40 years in over 100 countries. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
IntraHealth’s programs generate long-term social and economic impact to keep communities around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. And our dynamic staff are passionate about global health and committed to excellence.
Join us. The future of global health starts here.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth is seeking an experienced Senior Technical Advisor (STA) to join our Center for Technical Excellence. The global team lead (GTL) will be an MCHN expert with experience in designing and implementing complex maternal, child and neonatal health projects in low- and middle-income countries. The occupant of this role will demonstrate leadership capabilities including, but not limited to clear and articulated communication, especially with remote communication The individual selected will develop and execute technical strategies for programmatic opportunities. The STA also significantly contributes to the business development efforts as a subject matter expert and provides high level technical assistance to field projects as needed.
This position is based where IntraHealth holds a global presence.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Mentoring & Capacity Building (15%)
- Assist staff members to deepen their technical understanding of recent MNCH and quality of care improvement, analytical and programmatic management capabilities and to identify and support growth opportunities and support advancement of their careers.
- Identify a group of technical advisors/officers at various levels (and locations) in the organization with technical interests aligned with IntraHealth’s strategic areas, assess their technical and managerial capabilities, identify the right opportunities, and guide them to embody IntraHealth’s values and technical excellence. Responsible for nurturing and energizing future MNCH and quality improvement experts.
Ensuring Technical Quality & Learning (30%)
- In collaboration with the MNCH/FP Program Director, develop the technical vision for the MNCH program to ensure the growth and technical quality of projects, reports, and communications in alignment with IntraHealth’s organizational vision and strategy.
- In collaboration with other CTE and CPDL colleagues; the office of corporate communication; and the office of technical publications and knowledge management, ensure project-based learning and knowledge management is integrated into organization-wide learning, and vis versa. This could be implemented for instance through regular meetings of the Community of Practice; ensuring the project-specific MEL agendas are supporting the technical and programmatic vision of the MNCH/FP portfolio, supporting the organization of Dynamic Discussions sessions…, etc.
- Provide technical inputs in program designs; research protocols, and publications; project documents; project performance management processes (technical reviews, project reviews, portfolio reviews), to ensure IntraHealth meets and exceeds commitments and global standards
Developing & Executing Technical Strategies (30%)
- STA will perform as technical lead or key contributor to development of a new business proposal.
- In close collaboration with the MNCH/FP Program Director, the STA will be responsible for ensuring the participation of internal technical teams in the development and execution of technical strategies. Technical strategies should identify opportunities for thought leadership, their contribution to program development, expansion of existing programs, funding models, and donors.
- The STA will be responsible for supporting the program team in the execution and oversight of the technical strategies through the quality assurance of concepts. As needed, the individual may engage on technical aspects with external stakeholders/key influencers, and donors.
- Where strategically aligned, the STA will disseminate learning and demonstrate technical leadership through conferences and publications, maintain organizational visibility/positioning and critical relationships with external organizations through activities such as participation in international working groups and research studies.
Provide Technical Assistance (25%)
- STA will be responsible for providing high level technical assistance and technical leadership and may function as the principal investigator/project lead for strategic projects.
- Should external technical assistance in the area of MNCH/FP be required, s/he may be asked to take a leadership role or assist staff members in managing the externalization process through the establishment of ToR, the recruitment and provision of advisory/consulting services, the review of their quality for future support, maintaining a roster of vetted TA provision sources. The STA may also be asked to provide technical assistance to global and bilateral projects.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Master’s degree in public health, nursing, social services or related fields with 10 years of relevant experience; PhD degree in public health, nursing, social services or related fields with 7 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in providing technical assistance in the area of quality improvement initiatives for maternal, newborn, and child health
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in designing and implementing patient-centered care transformation/change
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in designing, implementing, and evaluating complex projects directly related to quality of care for maternal, child, and neonatal health
- Technical expertise in maternal, child, and neonatal health care in low- and middle-income countries
- Knowledge in patient-centered care
- Deep and updated knowledge on health service quality assurance and improvement
- Public presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to connect and develop collaborative relationships with field-based technical officers and government officials in the field
- Multi-tasking to simultaneously provide support to projects
- MD and/or RN degree strongly preferred.
- Training in quality improvement interventions for healthcare settings in low- and middle-income countries
- Demonstrated ability in designing technical strategy and proposals, especially, for USG grant and contract programs
- Demonstrated record of publishing technical reports, peer reviewed articles, and guidelines in MNCH
- Evaluation, implementation research, quantitative and/or qualitative researches
- Established network with technical experts in MNCH
- French capability preferred
- Position involves both local and international travel.
- Position is based in an office and involves sitting for most of the day.
- Position requires lifting up to 10 lbs. occasionally.
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 2nd March, 2021.