Senior Technical Advisor, Capacity Building and Institutional Strengthening at FHI 360
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in Technical Advisor, Capacity Building and Institutional Strengthening in Dar es salaam for its EpiC project in Tanzania.
The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a 5 year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. In Tanzania, EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level amongst the targeted populations.
Senior Technical Advisor Capacity Building will provide overall technical direction to the capacity building and institution strengthening activities for local partners in support of PEPFAR’s local development goals of local partner funding by FY2021. He/She will perform needs assessments, and training support to CSO’s in an array of technical areas including social and behaviour change communication (SBCC), Biomedical Services, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), organizational development, Leadership and coordination, and on focal health issues: GBV, DREAMS, family planning, STI Screening. He/She promot internal capacity strengthening and skill sharing. He/She will take lead in directing capacity and institution strengthening efforts assisting partners in developing and implementing comprehensive SBCC activities at national, regional, local levels with GOT and other partners. He/She will Monitor program results and to be responsible for quality and accuracy of technical interventions and results.
Specific duties include:
- Design strategies and tools to guide project capacity and institution strengthening activities with civil society partners transitioning to direct USAID funding.
- Lead the design, delivery and monitoring of technical assistance plans to strengthen civil society partners’ ability to directly support PEPFAR goals as well as receiving direct funding.
- Assess the organizational systems and SBCC capacity and develop tailored technical assistance plans with selected partners.
- Work closely with MoH through NACP and TACAIDS to implement quality in-service training courses related to Biomedical and SBCC with opportunities for practical skills application.
- Ensure the team’s efforts are coordinated and conducted in accordance to plans.
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, coordination, and linkages to other programs, partners and counterparts, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening of implementing partners and community- based organizations.
- Represent the project in technical meetings, conferences, and coordination platforms.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in public health, social sciences, international development, health or development communication, business administration, or related field with 7-9 years relevant experience OR Bachelor’s Degree in similar field with 9-11 yrs of relevant experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in progressively increasing responsibility in designing and managing complex, large capacity and institution strengthening programs in developing countries involving multiple stakeholders.
- Strong understanding and previous experience working with, advising and providing capacity strengthening to the Government of Tanzania and Tanzanian non- governmental organizations/civil society organizations (NGOs/CSOs) and private sector organizations
- Demonstrated knowledge of capacity strengthening methodologies at the system, organization and individual level.
- Demonstrated knowledge on the support of local partner transition to direct USAID funding.
- Demonstrated strong technical, programming and management skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with the Government of Tanzania, NGOs/CSOs and media, private and public sector and other stakeholders preferably in SBCC related areas.
- Professional training and experience with adult learning methods, training or facilitation, organizational capacity assessments, mapping and planning.
- Exceptional communication skills (presentations) in written and spoken English
- Strong understanding and expertise in SBCC
- Knowledge of USG Health initiatives and related reporting requirements and funding parameters
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills and experience working in collaboration with partners, donors and NGOs
- Ability to set priorities while multi-tasking and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Tanzanian communication environment, social and cultural norms. · Relevant computer software skills, including MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to travel within Tanzania
Method of Application
Closing Date : 28th September, 2020.