Senior Technical Advisor, Biomedical Services at FHI 360
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
HI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in Senior Technical Advisor, Biomedical Services – Dar es salaam for its EpiC project in Tanzania.
The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a 5-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. In Tanzania, EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level amongst the targeted populations.
Overseeing and coordinating the provision of comprehensive HIV and other services at community level for KVP, AGYW and OVC including community-based HIV testing and counseling (CBHTC), pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), HIV self-testing (HIVST), linkage to care, family planning (FP), services for gender-based violence (GBV) victims, and sexually transmitted infection (STI) screening. Furthermore, overseeing the design and implementation of strategies to address the structural barriers preventing KVP from accessing services and increasing demand for and quality of services. Also monitoring relevant indicators and ensuring that the targets set for EpiC are met by providing technical support and capacity building local community-based implementing partners. Additionally, ensuring all activities reaching KVP are implemented in line with GoT, USAID/PEPFAR and EpiC guidelines and standards .
- Oversee the design and implementation of comprehensive strategies for strengthening the quality of and increasing uptake of HIV and other services at the community level, working closely with and supervising local implementing partners.
- Provide regional leadership in developing strategies and interventions to improve the quality and responsiveness of HIV prevention programming and service delivery for KVP including KVP-friendly HIV testing services, PrEP, HIVST, FP, and linkage to care and comprehensive GBV services.
- Support EpiC technical staff in the regions.
- Support capacity of local service providers and community-based implementing partners to effectively reach KVP with HIV prevention services, FP, GBV and linkage to care.
- Strengthen facility-community linkages.
- Liaise with GoT counterparts, service providers, implementing partners and stakeholders to ensure activities are well-coordinated with other national and regional programs.
- Ensure alignment with USAID/PEPFAR, GoT and EpiC standards, protocols and guidelines.
- Develop and/or contribute to technical briefs, reports, guidelines and other materials.
- Medical degree and 5 to 7 years of relevant experience providing biomedical services at the community level, including to KVP; or Master’s degree in public health, social work or other related degree required with 7 to 9 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national HIV/AIDS standards and protocols for provision of services at community level for HIVST, PrEP, CBHTC, FP and GBV.
- Familiarity with Tanzania public health sector at multiple levels; experience working with GoT stakeholders.
- Familiarity and experience with USAID/PEPFAR-funded programs.
- Experience in programs serving KVP and programs addressing gender norms.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP.
- Experience in technical capacity building of Tanzanian non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and community-based organizations (CBOs), especially those working with KVP.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th May, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE