Senior Technical Advisor at Johns Hopkins University CCP
- Company: Johns Hopkins University CCP
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Johns Hopkins University
Center for Communication Programs (TZ) Limited
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
|Working Title:||Senior Technical Advisor|
|Application Deadline:||September 3, 2020|
|Seeking candidates for the position of Senior Technical Advisor for the
Tanzania Vector Control Activity (TVCA), a USAID/President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI)-funded project for implementing proven, evidence-based vector control approaches in Tanzania to reduce the burden of malaria, managed by Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP).
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing high quality technical and programmatic leadership and will assist the project’s Chief of Party in the planning, developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating of project activities to ensure that CCP makes a significant contribution to reducing malaria in Tanzania.
They will also work to assist the government of Tanzania through the Ministry of Health Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and other relevant ministries and partners to increase insecticide-treated mosquito net (ITN) ownership and use in communities in Tanzania.
The successful candidate will be based in Dar Es Salaam with travel assignments within and outside Tanzania. They report to the Chief of Party and serve as the line manager for other direct reporting technical staff.
Specific responsibilities and tasks include:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to ensure technical and programmatic integrity of TVCA and to achieve rapid and sustained project goals, objectives, and targets
- Ensure that project is technically sound, evidence-based and responsive to the needs of Tanzania, Zanzibar its people and donors
- Maintain effective and regular communication with the project team, implementing partners, and government entities
- Collaborate with National Malaria Control Program (NMCP), Zanzibar Malaria Elimination Program (ZAMEP) and Ministry of Health (MOH) staff to strengthen quality improvement and supervision systems for malaria vector control
- Advise national counterparts on technical issues and participate in relevant technical advisory groups with counterparts and partner institutions
- Liaise with other USAID/PMI funded projects in support of malaria vector control to ensure high quality programing in coordination with other projects
- Advocate for strengthening of malaria vector control interventions and the development of new vector control tools
- Work closely with project technical team to ensure effective, timely, and coordinated project implementation
- Work with monitoring, evaluation, and learning (ME&L) staff to develop ME&L frameworks and effectively track data/results
- Support research on vector control methods to understand behavioral pathways for malaria prevention
- In collaboration with the program and finance team, develop project work plan and budget and ensure performance indicators and targets are met, as well as timely completion of activities against workplan deadlines
- Contribute to the development of project reports and monthly progress updates
- Assist the project team with the production and dissemination of knowledge products
- Mentor, support, and supervise the project team and align their efforts to ensure rapid and sustainable results
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party
|Master’s degree or equivalent with minimum of ten (10) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least 5 years senior management experience with comprehensive malaria prevention and control programs. Experienced project manager with significant experience in technical and administrative oversight. Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, MS PowerPoint, and other standard software.|
Preferred Medical degree with a master’s in public health. Extensive technical and field Qualifications: implementation experience in ITN distribution systems is highly desired. Critical thinking and superior intellectual problem-solving skills highly desired. Extensive experience working with USAID-funded projects and familiarity with USAID policies and procedures. Ability to interact with a broad range of governmental and non-governmental actors and institutions across sectors. Ability to manage difficult and complex issues with tact while holding steadfast to principles. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, diplomatic and negotiation skills essential for collaborating and coordinating with a range of stakeholders.
Method of Application
The requirements differ for each job posting. Please review the full job description to ensure you meet the needs of the job to which you are applying.
All candidates are required to submit an up to date Cover Letter, CV, and other application materials using our web form. The form includes a drop-down menu that contains a list of our open positions. You must select the name of the open position you are interested in before completing the form. If you are applying for more than one position, please submit a separate entry for each application.
All applications must be submitted using this form, Select the job you are applying for:
Deadline for receiving applications is 03 September, 2020 at 11:59 pm GMT +3.