Senior Technical Advisor at Intrahealth
- Company: Intrahealth
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Why Join IntraHealth?
IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked for over 40 years in over 100 countries. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
IntraHealth’s programs generate long-term social and economic impact to keep communities around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. And our dynamic staff are passionate about global health and committed to excellence.
Join us. The future of global health starts here.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth is seeking an experienced Senior Technical Advisor (STA) to join our Center for Technical Excellence. The global team lead (GTL) will be an HIV/AIDS expert with experience in designing and implementing complex clinical and treatment care health projects in low- and middle-income countries. The occupant of this role will demonstrate leadership capabilities including, but not limited to problem solving, judgement, use of functional and technical expertise, and written and verbal communication. Project administration The individual selected will develop and execute technical strategies for programmatic opportunities. The STA also significantly contributes to the business development efforts as a subject matter expert and provides high level technical assistance to field projects as needed.
This position is based where IntraHealth holds a global presence.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Mentoring & Capacity Building (10%)
- Assist staff members to deepen their technical understanding, analytical and programmatic management capabilities and to identify and support growth opportunities and support advancement of their careers.
- Identify a group of technical advisors/officers at various levels (and locations) in the organization with technical interests aligned with IntraHealth’s strategic areas, assess their technical and managerial capabilities, identify the right opportunities, and guide them to embody IntraHealth’s values and technical excellence. Responsible for nurturing and energizing future HIV and relevant experts
Ensuring Technical Quality & Learning (40%)
- Responsible for ensuring IntraHealth technical quality of HIV projects, reports, and communications, and supporting the elevation of project-based learning to organization-wide learning and knowledge management in collaboration with departments such as M&L and the office of corporate communication, and the office of technical publications and knowledge management.
- Actively participate in performance monitoring and quality improvement process of HIV projects and ensure projects adapt necessary interventions.
- Keep update on technical development on PEPFAR programs and ensure necessary information is shared among staff members. Ensure application of up-to-date interventions in HIV projects.
- Liaise and collaborate with affiliated technical experts to provide timely and appropriate technical interventions to country projects
- Conduct frequent technical reviews of performance of HIV/AIDS activities in collaboration with HIV Program Director to ensure up-to-date high-quality implementation
Developing & Executing Technical Strategies (20%)
- STA will perform as HIV technical lead or key subject matter expert contributor to development of a new business proposal.
- STA will be responsible for facilitating internal HIV technical teams for development of technical strategies that are aligned with IntraHealth’s organizational vision and strategy and aligned with PEPFAR Country Operational Plans and priorities. Strategies should identify opportunities for thought leadership, program development, and expansion of existing programs, funding models, and donors.
- STA will be responsible for execution and oversight of the HIV technical strategies including concept development by technical teams, quality assurance of concepts, proposal development, and technical engagement of external stakeholders/key influencers, and donors.
- Where strategically aligned, STA will disseminate learning and demonstrate HIV technical leadership through conferences and publications, maintain organizational visibility/positioning and critical relationships with external organizations through activities such as participation in PEPFAR and international working groups and researches
Provide Technical Assistance (30%)
- Participate in project work planning of relevant projects and identify areas of interventions
- Responsible for providing high level technical assistance and technical leadership and may function as the principal investigator/project lead for strategic projects.
- Collaborate and coordinate with affiliated technical experts to ensure timely and appropriate technical assistance to projects are provided
- STA may take a leadership role or assist staff members in leading the project through advisory services, reviews, guidance, and consultations. STA may also provide technical assistance to global and bilateral projects.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Master’s degree in public health, nursing, social services or related fields with 10 years of relevant experience; PhD degree in public health, nursing, social services or related fields with 7 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of extensive experience in designing, implementing, and evaluating complex infectious disease projects, especially PEPFAR supported projects
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in implementing continuous quality improvement in PEPFAR supported projects
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in representing technical groups for PEPFAR and related health projects
- Deep and updated knowledge of PEPFAR supported programs
- Knowledge in continuous quality improvement
- Strong data analytical capability to identify performance issues and direct necessary technical interventions
- Deep understanding on infectious disease epidemiology, PEPFAR indicators, relevant analytical methods, and data visualization
- Ability to lead and guide complex HIV/TB care programs in multiple countries
- Ability to succinctly communicate complex program interventions and rationales
- Evaluation, implementation research, quantitative analysis capability related to HIV/AIDS and TB
- Demonstrated managerial capability of complex, multiple projects
- Ability to connect and develop collaborative relationship with country-based project technical officers and government and donor officials in the field
- Ability to manage rapidly moving and data-driven technical interventions
- MD and/or RN degree strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated technical leadership in improving HIV/AIDS clinical care in low- and middle- income countries
- Proven track record in providing effective technical assistance to PEPFAR supported health programs
- Demonstrated ability in technical strategy and new business development in designing project technical approaches
- Clear and articulated communication in English; French and/or Spanish capability is added value
- Position involves both local and international travel.
- Position is based in an office and involves sitting for most of the day.
- Position requires lifting up to 10 lbs. occasionally.
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 2nd March, 2021.